Monday, January 31, 2011

You know you've become a Redneck if....

you've allowed the hair on your legs to grow so long, you could braid them. Yes, I've let myself go to pot living out here in the boonies. But it does help keep you warm, right? Well, I took care of that little problem. It's a good thing the hair is blond so you could hardly see it unless you were looking. Obviously,  no one was....
    So Pa got home by 8 pm on Friday night. He didn't stop to eat, just kept truckin. Since it was so cold at night, he left all the groceries in the truck. He brought home 85 pounds of chicken breast from Liberio, the Mexican grocery store, We split them with Daisy Mae and Lil Abner. I mean, after all, they were only 97 cents a pound. How could we resist? Saturday morning I wrapped each double breast separately and popped them in the freezer. Pa also got 25 pounds of hamburger which I wrapped each package with enough for two people. Then there were the 5 flank steaks which got the same treatment. I hate having raw chicken on anything, including my hands so I bleached the cutting board and my hands before proceeding to the beef. I have a new respect for meat butchers having to spend all day wrapping meat! We have enough meat for a couple of months or more. I hate shopping even for groceries so we will have to supplement with fresh produce and eggs.
    Sunday, we started moving things into the house. Boxes everywhere. Both of us are so sore today we can hardly move. A lot of kitchen stuff got put away.
   Today, Pa is going to call the stove installers and get that on the road and then call the solar people and get that started. Hey, we may get to actually get to move in some day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment