Thursday, January 27, 2011

As Promised!




Ta Dah! Yes, there here, pictures of the tile I installed. Pa did the cutting and I did the installing. Luckily for him he only had to cut 5 or 6 pieces. Guess I will go to Show Low tomorrow and get the finishing pieces. I have had to do all the things Pa usually does each day. I pumped some water into our water tank in the motor home and had to change out a propane bottle to our Mr. Heater. I hate to admit I know how to do it because Pa will start expecting me to do it. I am at the point where I just want someone to take care of me. I took care of myself for so many years, it's nice to have someone to lean on.
    I lugged a couple of buckets of warm water into the house and using Murphy's Oil Soap, washed down all the cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms and mopped the kitchen floor. That took the better part of the day. I was so anxious to get started on my chores, I forgot to put make up on and shocked my self when I looked in the mirror later in the day. By then it was too late anyway. I know, there is no one out here to see me but I don't feel awake if I don't have my hair done and make up on. Today my hair looks like a straw bale sitting on my head, feels like it also. I notice that my hair feels a lot dryer in Arizona. A good cure for that is Coconut Oil. You can get it in the vitamin section at Walmart. Of course mine is packed away some where. You just slather coconut oil on your hair and let it sit for a few minutes and then wash it. It is also good for dry skin especially your legs, just soaks right in. You can even use it for cooking. It is very healthy and good for you. That's your lesson for the day.
    We are trying to find some baby trees to replant lining our driveway. Unfortunately our property doesn't have many baby trees. Fortunately our good friend Steve owns property a couple of lots down from us so I am going to see if I can find any there. Oh, I guess I had better ask him first. We have Junipers and Cedars. The Junipers have multiple trunks coming out of the ground and Cedars have one and have a conical shape. We want the Cedars.
    Pa will be home sometime tomorrow. He has to stop at Liberio and pick up a ton of chicken breasts for us and Daisy Mae. Then a stop at Costco to get a month's worth of supplies. They have the best hamburger and other meats altho we have found that the Safeway stores here have good meat but not the good prices of Costco. The nearest Costco to us is in Albuquerque which is at least 3 hours away. That's where the nearest Hobby Lobby is also!!!!! Thank goodness for ordering on the internet!
   I must make a comment on the weather today. Fabulous just about describes it. By 10:00 a.m. it was 25 and felt like 40 degrees. Blue, blue skies, such a beautiful day. It may have just made it into the 50's but I was very comfy doing my chores. I just love it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment