Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh! My aching back!

And my thighs and my knees and my elbows! No I'm not sick. I spent the entire day yesterday tiling the front entry way and the 5x5 ft area where our wood stove will go. Pa cut the cement board and a few tiles and I put them on the floor. Unfortunately, I only had three tiles left to go on the floor and ran out of adhesive! By that time I was so tired, I could no longer function so it didn't matter anyway. Today we ran to Springerville and bought more adhesive. I still have to go three feet up the wall behind where the stove will sit. We certainly don't want the wall to catch fire. We checked a couple of stove stores to find out how much it will cost to have the stove professionally installed. Really, all we need is for someone to cut the hole in the roof and install the first section of stove pipe and make sure the roof doesn't leak. Guess how much.......are you sitting down? First quote was for $550.00 and the second was $750.00. Isn't that a bit steep? I am calling someone else tomorrow for a third quote. We need to have it done so we will just have to bite the bullet. Who wants to live in a cold house anyway?
   Tomorrow, Pa will put the cement board on the wall and I will tile it. The next day I will grout everything and darn it, I forgot to buy some grout sealer. I will stop by our tiny Ace Hardware tomorrow while I do laundry and see if they have any. It will probably be $50.00 an ounce.
    One of our four dogs has turned into a hunting dog. Tilly sometimes looks like a German Short Hair Pointer when she is in hunting mode. Of the four dogs, she uses her nose the most and courses back and forth, nose to the ground. She caught a dove yesterday and ate everything except the wings. I put them in the burn barrel. She looked so funny with her face full of feathers. I should have taken a picture but as I mentioned before, I was no longer functioning. I know Mini Schnauzers were used to hunt vermin but I didn't think they were bird dogs.
    I guess I will take my sore, tired body to bed so I can hurt myself more tomorrow. It will be worth it tho because the tile is so pretty. I 'll take a picture of it when I am done and post it in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment