Thursday, February 3, 2011

We Have Stove!!!!

 It was in the minus digits this morning and got up to 0 by 10:00 a.m. All the pipes in the motor home were frozen solid so we spent the day trying to get the pipes defrosted. FINALLY by 5:30 this evening we had water. I immediately jumped in the shower since I didn't get to take a shower last night. Pa discovered he was standing in water when he took his shower last night. Turns out the drain was frozen! Anyway, the crew showed up to install our wood stove. There is a new law that you have to have an air vent going thru the floor to under your house and it is connected to the stove. It looks like a skinny dryer vent hose. It makes the stove draw fresh air to keep the fire going. They say that manufactured homes are so air tight, they the stove will use up all the air in the house and that could kill you. So as you can see, they are putting a hole in my new tile!!!!! If we had known, I would have left the tile out and put it in later. OH well!
 When Pa and I lugged the stove into the house, we thought we had never lifted anything so heavy. The crew was crowing about how light it was! "This is a baby stove compared to the one we did the other day!" That's a matter of opinion! We both almost got hernias lugging that darned thing in.
 Here the crew is lining the stove up with the air vent. They felt sorry for us having to work in the house while it was so cold. You could see your breath in there. I don't know what it is about Arizona but we have found everyone to be so friendly and everyone we have hired is very concerned that we will be happy with their work. What a change from Vegas.
 The chimney is in! Other than cutting the hole in  the roof, the rest of the operation is fairly simple. We didn't have enough pipe so Pa called me while I was in town getting gas so I could stop by our little Ace Hardware and get the rest of the pipe. Wouldn't ya know, they only had one of what we needed so the crew had to call their boss to come out and deliver the other pipe. An 80 mile round trip and we were only charged for the pipe, not the transportation.
 This was one of the pipes we were missing. A very important piece!
 On it goes, just like a puzzle piece. Then the rain guard goes on and we are done. It was time for me to fix dinner so we put off starting a fire. After dinner, Pa couldn't stand it so he had to go out and start one. I had just taken a shower and washed my hair so I didn't want to go out in the sub freezing temps to watch it burn. Now it will be so pleasant to unpack all our stuff and to be warm while doing it. We have a lot of stuff moved out of the 20 foot storage container already. Tomorrow we are going to Show Low to pick up some goodies from Home Depot and Lowes. I need to get some table legs for the table I am making. I am going to get a 6 foot and an 8 foot counter top for my craft room. Pa suggested getting pipes to make legs for that so that's the plan. Pictures to follow as soon as we get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment