Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pioneering on my own

   What can I say? I didn't blog yesterday to post pictures of the tile. By the time I was done tiling the three tiles and the wall behind where the stove will be, I ran out of time and energy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Pa left at 3 this morning to go to Vegas. He had to have some blood work done before his doctor appointment on Thursday. I slept in till 7:30 even tho my plan was to be at the laundromat by 8. The best laid plans.... I did make it by 8:45 tho. While I was there, a man came in with some laundry, then went to his car and brought in more laundry, then went to his car again with more laundry and was still bringing in laundry when I left. He said he hadn't done laundry in 4 months, he just kept buying new clothes. He said he just kept throwing his dirty clothes into the barn. He was even using large dog food bags to bring in his laundry! There are currently 13 washing machines that work and he took them all, probably two or three times. I was just lucky I got there first as mine were already in the dryer. It might have been cheaper for him to continue to buy new clothes at $2.00 a load for the washing machines.
    On my way back home, I stopped for the mail and then the library for more books. I am still reading all of Harlan Coben and Margaret Coel's books. Those Coben books are hard to put down once I get started on them. I finally finished the tile  (more or less). I grouted every thing and it looks so beautiful. I promise pictures tomorrow. I need to go to Show Low and get some edging tiles to finish it off. I hate to leave the dogs home alone that long . I have two choices, lock them in the new house or lock them in the dog pen. Either way, it will be chilly. Maybe I'll wait till Pa gets home. I can't take them with me because Pa has my truck with the front and back seat and I have his with only the front seat. Too crowded with four dogs. The last time we were at Home Depot or maybe Lowe's, some guy brought his chocolate lab into the store with him. I thought you could only do that with at Pet Smart or Petco.
    I am pooped! Laundry and grouting are so tiring. Or maybe it is the altitude. If  I don't go to ShowLow, I will clean the kitchen in the new house tomorrow and maybe move some things in.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just came from Marzia's blog and wanted to tell you a way to cheat and find her link. :-)

    Go to Marzia's blog:
    Click on 'View' on the menu bar
    Click on 'Source'
    A new window will open which is the actual program that displays the webpage
    In that new window, click on 'Edit'
    Click on 'Find'
    In the find box, enter '4sh' for 4shared
    Then you can either cut and paste the URL or you can just look at the words around it and then you know where to look on Marzia's webpage.

    So now, when you can't find her link, you can cheat! :-) I still enjoy reading her blog but just don't have to hover over every word now!

    ReplyDelete