Friday, January 28, 2011

Pa's on his way home!

Pa called at 2 pm and said he was just leaving Vegas. That will put him home sometime around 10 or 11. More power to him! I would have stayed another night and leave in the morning. His last stop was Costco and he said the lines were 12 carts deep.
   I blocked off the doors to the kitchen, put some water and dog food in and left the dogs in there all day while I trekked to Show Low. My main reason was to get some trim to finish off the edges of the spot where the wood stove will sit. I couldn't find anything I liked so got some quarter round wood to stain. Well guess what? It ain't gona work. The quarter round is too small. By the time I shopped at Big Lots ( how can you spend almost $100.00 in Big Lots?) looked at Walmart for towel bars, went to Home Depot, then to Lowe's and then back across the street to Home Depot to return some thing I bought there, then to a Chinese Buffet for a late lunch. I was exhausted! Part of the reason is because it takes over an hour to get to Show Low and you are exhausted before you even start shopping. I wanted to go to Lakeside/Pinetop to see what stores they have but changed my mind. I did get a piece of 4 x4 plywood 3/4 inches thick to start on my table top and more tile so I can get started on that right away. Table legs are expensive so I bought some 1 x 3's and hopefully can use them. If not, I will be taking a lot back to Lowe's.
    My new Josh Groban album arrived today and for some reason it won't play in my lap top so I had to dig the portable radio/cd player out from under a ton of stuff . Then the darned cd player didn't want to open, then once I got it opened, it didn't want to close! I had to set a two pound can of peanuts on the top to get it to stay closed so it would play. The album isn't one of my favorites, I prefer it when he sings in a foreign language that I can't understand. It speaks to my soul instead of my mind. I have quite a few albums in foreign languages, usually Spanish or Italian. Have no idea what they are saying but it soothes my soul and takes me to a better place. Pa thinks I am nuts but Pisces are supposed to be ethereal, dreamy, and soulful. That's me!
Oh, wait a minute, Pa is a Pisces also. What happened to him? He is neither ethereal, dreamy or soulful. He's more of the bottom line type. Guess that shoots that theory about how you are supposed to be when you are born under a certain sign. Maybe he was born under a cusp or something or maybe the cusp fell on his head when he was born. Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment