Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DO NOT TRUST WEATHER REPORTS FOR THIS REGION!

   The construction crew was supposed to start the foundation for the house today and guess what? We woke up to snow!!! The weather report said it would warm up each day by a couple of degrees but didn't mention snow. The health inspector did come out yesterday and said our septic tank was good to go so they can cover it up now.
    Pa took Lil Abner to Show Low for his check up this morning. They are going to Lowe's to get some supplies so I don't expect them back till late this afternoon. What with the snow, it looks like I will be housebound for the day. Thank goodness, I still have 3 books left to read. I wish I had kept out my counted cross stitch to work on but alas, I didn't plan to well.
   Gosh, we still have so much to get done before we can move into the house. The construction crew still has to put in the foundation, put the roof cap on and finish leveling the house. Then the inside guy has to refinish the inside of the house and fill in all the cracks but he has to wait till the house is level. Then the carpet guy has to come and restretch the carpets. Then the propane guy has to come out and deliver the propane tank and connect the gas to the house. Then Pa has to build a shed to house the propane generator and batteries in and then order the batteries. Oh, then get a load or two of water for the water tank after hooking it up to the house. Maybe we will be in by the end of February? I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment