Friday, August 26, 2011

Wild Flowers

 One great thing about the monsoon season is the plethora of wild flowers that pop up everywhere. These purple ones grow along the road. I looked up all their names a couple of years ago but don't know what they are now. Yes, I could look them up again but I don't want to use up all my broadband time.
 Aren't they gorgeous? Beauty hidden in every corner.
 Little tiny yellow ones hiding in the grass.
 This is what the entire bush looks like on the previous purple ones.
 Look at the bounty from my garden! After such a rough start, I am really pleased with all the blessings God has bestowed on my garden.
 I made pickles using my kid's great grandmother's recipe. It calls for a grape leaf in the top and bottom of the jar. I don't know what the grape leaf does but they sure were delicious when I made them 40 years ago.
 Look, Ma! Twins!
 Back to the wild flowers. These are some kind of wild daisy. There are more in the wash that sits at the edge of our property. I'll have to see if they transplant well.

 These are little delicate purple flowers. So pretty!
 The grass all around us is growing really tall. Like knee high. Pa is working on a lawn mower trying to get it to work and he will start mowing here and there. I sure hope he knows to mow around the wild flowers!
 I know what this is. It is a Globe Mallow. I call it a desert geranium. That's what it looks like to me.
 These are desert Marigold. They have roots that are about 12 inches long and do not transplant well.
Pa has been digging up cactus from around the property. Eventually I guess he is going to start a cactus garden or something.
Tomorrow is the big day. I am going to Flagstaff with my friend, Katie who lives in Holbrook. She's been sick but made a miraculous recovery in time for our trip.
We are still in the midst of monsoon season. It clouds up every afternoon and gives us a shower almost every day. We are loving it.
OK, that catches us up for now. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment