Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Attack of the Killer Tomato

 What is it, you ask?
 Looks like some kind of tumor.
 Now that's what I call a navel. This was the first tomato to form on our vines but it took forever for it to ripen. Yep, it's all one tomato. Or maybe Siamese triplets. You be the judge.
 We went to Show Low this morning to get Pa's tire fixed and bought him a new recliner at Ashley Furniture. His old one was 15 years old and was wearing thin and I won't even mention the damage the dogs did to it over the years.
 This is our new sofa. Our old one was 10 years old and the foam in the cushions was breaking down. Plus it had 10 years worth of dogs on it. Most of our furniture is oak and the wood on this isn't but we didn't care. Lordy, we sat on every sofa they carried. I even took my shoes off and climbed over sofas to sit on the ones on the shelf above. We had the warehouse guys take one off of a shelf so they could put it on the floor for us to try. Guess what? We bought the first one we sat in.  We paid extra to have them spray some stuff on it to protect it from just about everything. It comes with a 5 year warranty, just on the spray! While they were spraying it, we went to lunch (Chinese) and when we got back, the sales lady said she had just talked to her husband and he thought he was related to Pa. They both came from the same stock! Small world, isn't it?

 My plants love Arizona. That's my recliner off to the left. Obviously it doesn't match the rest of the furniture. It is 16 years old but has hardly been sat in. In was sitting in the corner in our house in Vegas and was too far from the TV so never got used. I will have to see if I can find a slip cover for it. So far, I haven't found one big enough because this is a wide recliner.
 My spider plant. It loves Arizona also.
 Miss Begonia loves it here too along with the exotic plant in the blue pot. I forgot the name of it but the leaves look plastic. Pa bought it for me at Lowe's in Vegas.
Another picture of my new sofa with my mismatching recliner and coffee table. When we got home, it was so hot in the house even tho we left the windows open. I didn't think I would ever cool off. According to the internet, it was 91 in Saint Johns today. My poor garden looked so thirsty since I didn't water it this morning before we left. I gave it a good drink this afternoon and in return, I got 10 pea pods!!!!! How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment