Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our First Tomato!!!

 Look at what I found this morning! Our first tomato. It's called a Purple Prim but actually ripens to a pale pink color. Pretty big, huh? 4 1/2 inches wide. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

 Somehow my pictures got out of order. The one on top of the grape tomatoes is one end of the garden.
 The corn is coming along nicely. Tom's is full of aphids but I haven't seen any on ours, keep your fingers crossed.
 Finally got around to putting up string for my peas to grow on. Altho they are supposed to be a cool weather crop, they are doing quite well in the heat. This is my second planting.
 Pickling cukes. I need to get to town and get some pint jars and make some pickles!
 I have two gourds growing here. I just wish they had enough time to get as big as they are supposed to.
 Cantelope!
 In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the kitty prowls around. She caught a lizard this morning and had such fun playing with it. She eventually let it go.
 This is some type of wild flower growing not too far from the garden.
This is the middle of the garden.  The picture below is of the middle of the garden. The plant in the middle is my gourds. The leaves are huge!
 Peppers. They are doing really great. These are golden peppers but I pick them when they are still green.
Our resident hummers. We have over a dozen now. They are going thru 2 feeders a day. Pa brought me 12 pounds of sugar from the store yesterday. That should last me for a day or two.
So much for the lack of news! We attended church today via Charles Stanley on TV. Pa is working on the floor of his building for the generator. I harvested a few green beans from the garden this morning. Tom was over for dinner last night. He is always so entertaining. We put a fart machine under his chair and whenever he said something, Pa would set the fart machine off. Then Tom threatened to show us what a real fart was. We surrendered after that. I wish you all could meet him. He is always making Pa laugh and shake his head in wonder. Until next time.......

1 comment:

  1. Love it....as always...your posts are so much fun to read..they bring a smile to everyones face(well mine anyway, and thats all that counts) hey still planning for Saturday? wow this might happen...its been a long time in the making...I don't dare tell anyone our plans this way I hope nothing horible will come between 2 friends and trip to Flagstaff...c ya soon...your Holbrook friend...KtsAngels

    ReplyDelete