Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Flagstaff trip

My trip to Flagstaff was a smashing success. I got up at 5 in the morning and left the house at 6. I literally flew to Holbrook to pick up Katie. Ok, I didn't literally fly but I did go over the speed limit by 30 MPH. Can I help it if the drive is long and  no one else was on the road? We made it to Flagstaff by 8:45 and waited in the parking lot of Saver's Thrift Store until they opened. That stop was a success. I bought a pair of jeans for $6.99, a brown shirt with a pretty design for $4.99, some large square inkjet stickers, some iron on transfer paper, and a box of HP felt textured greeting card  stock. Oh, and I found a Presto pressure cooking cook book which was one thing I was looking for. Next stop was Office Max to pick up 24 count crayons for 15 cents, two boxes of pencils for one cent each and 5 spiral bound notebooks (college ruled) for 5 cents or something like that. I used Katie's money for that since she was buying for her kids for school. We stopped by Habitat for Humanity to see what they carried. Then to Big Lots where we found some bargains on cardstock and stamp pads. Next was Weigh and Pay (Goodwill) where I found a down men's jacket with a down vest zipped inside for the whopping cost of $4.17. It looked brand new! I picked up some strange looking thing, wondering what it was and realized it was a pair of thong panties and they looked used! EWWWWWWWW!  Clorox wet wipes anyone? I washed my hands at the first opportunity. Maybe next time I will wear plastic gloves. Next was Target to return Pa's jeans, then Joann's crafts, Micheal's crafts and then Sizzler for lunch. I was looking for Christmas cardstock to start my Christmas cards but neither craft store had it in stock yet. I did hit the dollar bins in those two stores and came out with various cards and envelopes, stamp pads, glitter glue. We hit the regular Goodwill but didn't find anything. Then Dollar Tree and last was Sam's Club where I used Katie's card and bought some hamburger. I believe we hit about 11 stores in total. By then we were both exhausted and I still had to drive back to Holbrook to take Katie home and then another 80 miles to take my tired body home. At Katie's, I stopped long enough to see her craft room and some of the cute goodies she's made. She has a good eye for color in putting things together and a good imagination to change patterns to make them useable for each season. Yes, the jealous bug raised it's ugly head just a bit.  I left inspired. I pulled into our driveway about 7 p.m., dragged myself and my packages into the house and collapsed. I had a banana and a bag of popcorn for dinner, showered and went to bed. I had such a fun day with Katie and am looking forward to our next trip. Gotta save up some money first tho!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, that was so fun, and I think almost as fun as the real thing, really your story made me wet my pants...Yeah, we will have to do it again-maybe we have to return Pa's Jeans(LOL)... On that note, we still have to get that Christmas paper sometime? so when?......

    ReplyDelete