Sunday, February 20, 2011

Not much new going on

    After a few very windy days, it is calm today. We had a bit of rain and snow last night. My plan yesterday was to sand down a dresser to get ready to paint while Pa went to Show Low to pick up some supplies from Lowe's. Sand was blowing like crazy and since I had lip gloss on, my lips were covered in sand! I ended up staying in the motor home and read an entire book. After Pa got back, he discovered  he forgot to buy some of the things he went to Show Low for! The man had a list and every thing! One item he forgot were the shingles to finish the battery room roof. Soooooo, it looks like another quick trip to Show Low or to just leave the plastic he stapled the the roof until we get around to going to the "big" city again. It really doesn't pay to forget anything on your trip to town because those 120 mile round trips get costly with gas being so expensive. I think it is up to $3.25 a gallon in Saint Johns. What's with that anyway? We have a gas surplus and the gas keeps going up. I'm sure it has a lot to do with all that is going on in the Mid-East. Wouldn't you hate to live there?
    We are expecting our solar panels sometime next week. Pa has to fix the tire to the trencher so he can call the propane company to come out and install our tank and propane lines. We are so close and the closer we get to being able to move in, the slower things seem to move! Pa can't understand why I am getting so antsy. He doesn't realize that women are natural nesters. I don't know what men are natural at, procrastination maybe?
     Anyhow, maybe I will have some pictures to share next post! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment