Saturday, February 26, 2011

Have I mentioned WIND lately?

 This is what we woke up to the day before my birthday. It wasn't much and didn't last long.
This is our front yard. The weeds got cleared off when the construction crew was here.
 This was the view from the front room. When the weather is like this, we work on the inside of the house.
 Pa replaced the white ceiling fan with the silver trim with this beauty. I really love it. Got it from Lowe's
 He put the living room fan in his office. So he will be nice and cool in the summer. He tried to  put up a ceiling fan in my craft room but couldn't find the studs so I guess I will have to use a floor fan. YUCK!
 Somewhere in this mess is the counter top he installed in my craft room. I definitely need some shelves above the counter top so I can get some of the stuff off the floor.
 This is looking the other way. Believe it or not, I got the room more organized today. You can at least walk thru the room with out tripping over a rubber stamp or a jar of glitter. I still want shelves tho. I could start my own craft store.
 Here's Pa resting after putting my cd holder half way together. He said it would take two people to hold it to finish putting it together. None of the dogs volunteered. There's Maggie on the look out for burglars. She has suddenly gotten a touch of wanderlust and keeps disappearing so she's ended up in the dog pen a couple of times.
 That cd holder had 101 pieces and it is only about 3 1/2 feet tall! You had to have an engineering degree to put it together. We had to take it apart at least once and start over. This was my birthday present from Pa. He also got me a belt sander for some of my wood finishing projects. That sander can sand all the way to China before you even realize it!
 And here is the finished product. I already have my 250 cd's in it. I had to use one of my old ones to put the rest in so now if we ever get electricity, I can have music.
 We have all sorts of old kitchen implements so I put them on top of  the cabinet on the opposite side of the kitchen from the ones I showed you the other day.
 Here's more. They will only get dusted once a year....maybe
 More!
 I found these spurs in a box and thought they would look nice next to Clint Eastwood. My friend drew this as well as others.
 We bought a pine dresser in Vegas just before we left. It looked pretty beat up and the drawers were cracked so I sanded them down and filled the cracks with wood filler and sanded them again and painted them white. I am going to paint some branches on them and mod podge some birds on the front to kind of gussie it up. I should have sealed the dresser with Kilz first because where I didn't sand the dresser to bare wood, the paint tends to flake off. I put three coats of paint on the darned thing.

 I got the bright idea of just dipping the drawer pulls into the paint and then letting them drip dry. They turned out pretty good and only needed one coat of paint
 We have to wait until the factory rep comes to repair the wall board before the dresser will be put where it is supposed to go.
This is my spice cabinet. I ordered the steps from Amazon.com. This way I have less wasted space in the cabinet. I still didn't have enough room for all my spices so had to order two more for the cabinet on the other side of the stove. I think there were 61 spices in all. I made the labels for the jars. Why do I have so many spices when I hate to cook? Pa bought a lot of them. I basically use cumin, season salt, chili powder, and pepper when I cook. I love all the things you can get to organize your cabinets. There is no place for all those gadgets you use when you cook so I am going to order a pull out drawer to put in one of the cabinets near the stove.
    For my birthday, I went to the store and bought myself a little chocolate cake and got a chocolate meringue pie for Pa. In return he took me on a tour of the town dump. He wanted me to take all the boxes and stuff to the dump but I didn't want to go by myself the first time. If he knows I can do it, he will expect me to be the official dumper from now on. The dump charges you by the pound so it costs us $9.00 but was well worth it. We are accumulating another truck load as we speak.
    It has been windy ever since my last post! We are no closer to moving into the house than we were last week. I have to admit I am getting tired of living in this crappy motor home. I'm tired of moving everything back and forth just to have room to do anything. I have to empty half the fridge to find anything and then repack it. I've tried to be patient but have to admit that I lost it yesterday and yelled a bit. Pa doesn't seem to understand that women are nesters and need to be in their home. Luckily we do get to spend a big part of the day in there thanks to the wood stove but if you want a drink or gotta pee, ya gotta run across the driveway and use the motor home. Pa would not appreciate it one bit if I just walked out the door and squatted. It would also be nice to be able to take more than a two minute shower. Can you tell I am getting antsy? I just want to sleep in my own bed!!!!!! Is that too much to ask? Some good news to report, the solar panels are supposed to arrive on Monday.
    Well, that's about it for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment