Friday, February 11, 2011

Battery/Generator room

 Our batteries arrived Monday. Pa met the truck driver at the entrance to the ranch so he wouldn't have to get lost on our roads. They weigh about 100 pounds each and are very expensive!
 Pa decided he had better get busy and start building the generator room. He is used to working with steel so wasn't sure he could build a room
 While he was doing that, I ran down the road and dug up 4 baby trees. Here are my helpers to plant them. I no sooner got one planted and Harley had to go pee on it. Probably killed it right off!
 Hmmmm, they aren't helping much but at least they are keeping me company.
 There is my row of baby trees. I sure hope they live. I need to get six more to plant on the other side. The ground is so hard where I dug them up but this is the right time of the year since the sap isn't running. I got as much of the roots as I could.
 Another view.
 Lil Abner came over to lend a hand to help Pa build the generator room. He's had more experience. Sometimes I think they do more talking than building but they had a great time. It seems what one doesn't know, the other one does so they make a great pair.
 Trying to make sure the wall is straight.
 Oh! the sides are going up! Wonder who is going to paint the darned thing. One guess....ME. Pa hates to paint.

 Gotta be just perfect
 Look at that concentration
This is my new best friend. Rustoleum Hammered paint. I am painting all the lighting  fixtures in our house. They are currently silver and too modern looking for us. This is much more our style. The only thing I don't think I can do is the fan in the living room. I may get paint inside the motor. We will move it to another room and replace it with something else. I'm hoping I can get the bathroom lights off by myself so I don't bother Pa while he is in a building mood. I did manage to get the one hanging over the dining room table disconnected and taken down all by myself!
Going to Springerville tomorrow to get some wood. I may actually get to start tiling my kitchen table by this weekend!
OH, BY THE WAY...... JUST BECAUSE I AM BLOGGING NOW IS NO REASON NOT TO EMAIL ME ONCE IN A WHILE. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING ALSO. So, keep in touch, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment