Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting Organized.......Kinda

Last night's sunset, for your viewing pleasure. It was awesome.

Up and at it early this morning. Made it to Mom's Laundry by 8. It seems no one in Saint Johns gets up early so I had the laundromat to myself for a while. One guy came in from Concho and was quite chatty. Had 5 loads to wash and 2 to dry. I did stop at the market first and got me some coffee and biscuits and gravy and ham. Gotta keep my strength up for the day ahead. Then off to get a couple of barrels of water, back to the grocery store to pick up a few things, across the street to Family Dollar to get Pa some Sprite for his afternoon toddy, then to the post office, the library, and then Circle K to get some ice and a bottle of water for the trip home. I met Lil Abner at the ice plant where we get our water. Sure glad I got there first because  he had the water truck which holds 1600 gallons of water and I just had two 50 gallon barrels to fill. When I got home, Pa had a fire going in the wood stove. It looked so inviting, I decided to grab a book, pull up my chair and spend the day reading since it was snowing outside. 

 Ok, how can you relax when staring at this mess? The picture below is my craft room. I can't do much yet because we need something to hold up the counter top that will act as my work space and I don't have any shelves to put all my craft stuff on. Sooooo, forget about this room.

 This is the guest bedroom. Most of the boxes need to go to the craft room but you've heard that story. Plus we need to dig out the king sized bed out of the 48 ft semi trailer. It's about half way down and it may take a few months before we get that far.
 Oh look, there is one section of my counter top in the craft room. Won't it look nice when it gets put all together?
 Here's Pa's room which used to be the den. Now it will be Pa's cave, a room he can call his own. Too bad it is right next to the living room. He isn't the neatest person in the world. We need to dig out the roll top desk and his lawyer's bookcases before we can start to organize this room. Guess where they are? In the semi trailer. The book cases are close to the back but the desk is somewhere near the back.
 This is our bedroom before I gave up the idea of reading and decided to organize. Pa and I put the bed together as far as we could with no way to air up the bed as yet. We have one of those Select Comfort beds. It is really comfortable and we love it but you have to get over the fact that you spent 2 grand on two bags of air.
 This is the kitchen. What a mess. I managed to empty all the boxes except the ones I shoved into the pantry. I need to order some organizers from OrganizeIt but the spice shelves won't be in till the end of February. When we first saw this house, we were in awe with all the storage space. Guess what? There is not enough storage space. We need more cabinets and shelves. We bought some boards to make additional shelves but haven't gotten around to it yet. There is a screen door across the doorway. We use it to lock the dogs in the kitchen when we have to go somewhere. We lock the doggie door also. At least they have more room than in the motor home.
 Here's our bedroom minus most of the boxes. We discovered I couldn't open the bottom drawer to my dresser so we switched places and mine is where Pa's used to be.
   Finally, I decided I had done enough and plopped into my recliner, put my feet up, grabbed my book and looked at the clock and it was 5 pm already! The dogs hadn't been fed, Pa hadn't been fed and I was getting a might hungry myself. We all migrated back to the motor home where I fixed dinner for the dogs and us. Then dishes had to be done. Now it is my relaxing time, after my shower, that is!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful sunset picture and it looks like things are shaping up nicely for the move-in.

    ReplyDelete