Saturday, March 5, 2011

Progress again

We had a bit of snow a week ago Sunday. There really wasn't very much and it only stayed for a few hours.
 see? Not much at all
 It was cold tho, about 28 degrees
 Today the factory rep came out and started on the entry way rug. It was a total mess and wasn't even connected to anything. His name is Dave.
 Hmmmmm, it doesn't look like he is working too hard, sweeping with one hand. You wouldn't believe all the dust under the outdoor carpet.
 Tilly found it all to be very interesting.
 This is Bob. He was caulking around all the cabinets. When they delivered the house, all the bumps on our dirt roads, loosened the caulking. When the guys were done with those two things, they got a list and we went all around the house listing what else needs to be done. They will submit that to our salesman with their costs and hopefully he will ok it and they can come out and finish everything. They will have to tear out the kitchen linoleum and replace it which means we will have to empty the kitchen so they can work! If we had only known they were going to replace the floor, we wouldn't have moved anything in. Oh well.......
 Pa suddenly got inspired to work on the kitchen table. He put it together and I tiled it yesterday. I'm letting it dry for two days before I grout it. That sucker weighs a ton but it will be pretty. I want to get some oak trim for the sides of the table
This is our front entry way with the carpet all finished. It looks so nice. Notice the pallet we are using for a front step? One of these days we will replace it with a real step. One of the dogs won't use it unless we have a piece of cardboard on top of it. He thinks he will fall thru the cracks.
Our solar panels arrived this week so now Pa has to make something to hold the racks for the solar panels. He got the pipe to do that but will have to sink them in cement. The propane guys came out and looked around to see what they would need to put in our tank and the pipe lines. They are supposed to be back Monday to do that. So we are slowly making progress. Other than that, not much else going on. I am waiting to put shelves up in my craft room so I can organize that.
We discovered that Jaz one of our mini schnauzers has teeny tiny ticks in her ears. I've been scraping them out but we are going to town tomorrow to get water and will stop at the store and get some tick stuff to put on her. We will do all the dogs. I thought I saw some on Maggie's nose. Poor Jaz scratches and scratches so I know she is miserable. I finally bit the bullet and washed all four dogs in our tiny bath tub in the motor home. They loved getting clean and didn't fuss at all. Now I need to clip their nails. Never a dull moment around here!
The weather has been so beautiful this past week in spite of the wind. It was in the high 50's and low 60's and in the 30's at night. The wind is reeking havoc on my hair. I curl it every morning and being outside for five minutes makes it look like a hay stack. I need a different hair do. It is too short to put in a pony tail. Maybe I will just borrow one of Pa's many baseball caps and start wearing one of those all the time. Baseball caps do not make me look cute like they do on some women.
That's about it for now! Hopefully, I will have more news next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment