Saturday, May 19, 2012

Snake in Bird Bath

 The other day I glanced out the kitchen window and saw something hanging down from the bird bath. I thought "hmmmmm" so backed up and had another look. This snake had decided to get a drink! There wasn't much water but he did have enough to get a drink.
 This is a different one, not the one slithering around in my last post. This guy is about a foot shorter in length.
 He was in the bird bath for 20 minutes or so.
 Time to head out and go hunting!
 These birds were all lined up waiting for him to leave so they could get a drink. I know the snake was hoping one of them would fly down and make a nice dinner.
 The dogs didn't know what to think. This is their first encounter with a snake.
 The snake didn't know what to think of them either. He did let out a nasty stink bomb to warn them off. The smell was still on the fence after he left. The dogs kept digging at the fence, thinking he was still there somewhere.
Mr or Mrs Snake slithered off and went under the water tank. Later that same day, a snake crawled up and into the under carriage of my truck. I tried to get a picture but it didn't turn out.

Yesterday we had a fierce wind storm. It was all across the state. I feel so sorry for the fire fighters fighting the fires across Arizona and for the people who are losing their homes. The federal government needs to step down and let the states do what is necessary in our forests to keep these fires from happening. We need to thin our forests and get rid of the under brush. The northern part of Arizona is a tinder box, just waiting for a flame. Its hard to believe that part of Arizona is beautiful forest land. It looks like Oregon minus the rain. We have all sorts of pines, aspens, etc in the northern part of our state.

I decided it was time to color my hair since my roots were showing. Darn it, I was born a strawberry blond and I'm gona die a strawberry blond. I bought some color on sale. I don't stick to any one brand. Just what's on sale. Sooooo, I colored my hair and it turned out a brilliant copper red. It was shocking and way to red. I couldn't stand it so I washed my hair again and it was still bright red so I rewashed it with lemon juice and peroxide, then I washed it with dish detergent....still glowing copper red with light streaks thru it. The next day I went to town to get water and stopped by the store and bought golden blond and redid my hair. Now it is all sorts of colors and I give up!!! It will wash out eventually. Lesson learned? Stay with one brand and one color. Pa's brother and sis in law will be arriving tomorrow from Oregon. Wonder what they will think of my hair!!!!

I've added a new feature to the blog. You can subscribe to my blog and get notified by email when I post so you don't have to keep checking to see if I've updated. You'll get a notification in your email from Feed Burner and you click on the link and from then on, you will get an email. Make sense? I hope so cause it took me forever to figure out how to add that email thingy.
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment