Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day and Flagstaff

I had such a great time in Flagstaff with my friend, Katie. I arrived at her house around 9 in the morning and we were in Flagstaff about an hour later. She showed me where the mall is on east side of Flag. We went to Marshall's first and found some good buys on cardstock, then to Saver's where I found a nice pair of denim shorts for $4.99 with 25% off for Mother's day. Then on to the Goodwill Weigh and Pay where I found a new rolled pillow for the couch for $1.00. Let's see, where else did we go? Joann's craft store for some goodies on sale and right next door to that is Michaels craft store for more goodies on sale. We found some Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint marked down from $12.99 to $2.49. You can actually make your greeting cards looked cracked! When we got up to the check stand it rang up at $12.99 so we told the cashier that the sign said $2.49. She went to the aisle to check the price and then informed us that it was marked wrong but gave it to us at the lower price anyway. Boy I was glad I picked up two of them! That was quite a savings! We had lunch at Sizzler, love the senior salad buffet! Then it was on to Dollar General, the regular Goodwill where we snatched another deal of the century. That deal was on a set of 5 embossing folders by Sizzix which would normally retail for 12 or 15 dollars for the huge price of 99 cents!!!!! Don't ya just love thrift stores? Then a quick stop to Sam's Club and then onward to Winslow where we dashed into Walmart and then to Holbrook to drop Katie off and then on to Saint Johns where I made it home in time to watch the Survivor Finale. I was exhausted!!!! Katie was darned lucky that I didn't have to knock her to the ground to grab something out of her hands that I wanted. There were plenty of goodies to go around.
Now it's back to real life, gardening, house cleaning and such. Thank you to my family who texted to wish me Happy Mother's day! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment