Saturday, May 26, 2012

65

 First of all, I had to share these two pictures of Maggie eating her dinner. I had to laugh when I saw what she was sitting on.
 I'm not even sure if she realized she was sitting on something. It just happened to be there when she sat down to have dinner.
 Here is the eclipse we had last week I took it thru two welding lenses. Pa was worried I would look at it thru my camera lens and go blind. He dug the lenses out of the shed for me.
 Hey, it's not easy holding the camera with two lenses in front of it. I was sure I was taking pictures of my thumb or something.
 On Sunday, Steve's brother and sister in law came for a visit. We gave them a tour of the ranch. Here we are on a mesa and just beyond brother H is a ledge you could fall off.
 W had a good time looking for rocks. We found some arrowhead chippings but no arrowheads. I had planned to go pottery shard hunting later in the week.
 Isn't this beautiful in a stark sort of way?
 One day we took them on  a drive going thru Springerville and ending up in Show Low. About halfway thru the ride we went past the turn off to the ski lift. The landscape is so much like Oregon minus the rain. It was so beautiful.
You don't realize how much you miss the green until you see a bunch of it. We ended up having lunch at a Chinese buffet in Show Low.
  On Wednesday, we planned to go pottery shard hunting but the day dawned bright and windy so we ended up staying inside and visiting.
 Company left Thursday morning and we've had wind ever since, hence the title of this post. All day today we've had winds of 40 MPH with gusts of 65. My poor garden will be blown away. I haven't even been able to go out and water. It looks to me that the winds were closer to 65 than 45. The windows had to stay closed all day but we still got sand in the window wells and the kitchen floor is grainy. Yesterday I forgot to close the window in our bedroom so my side of the bed was sandy. You can sleep and get dermabrasion all at the same time! No matter how much you sweep the sand out of the bed, you can still feel it, darn it I just changed the sheets right before that. I need to do some laundry but everything would be blown into New Mexico. I wish I could record the wind and put the sound on here so you could here it. Whooooooooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment