Sunday, May 6, 2012

Missing in Action

 Hello! I know it's been awhile since my last post but darn it all! I haven't had a thing to say! I'm sure you don't want me to prattle along about nothing, right? But we are alive and well. I had to show you this picture of Tilly watching TV. Most of the time she is draped over the arm of Pa's chair, sitting in his lap, watching TV with him.
 Poor Maggie. Her bladder problems are getting worse. She is wearing the latest fashion, doggy Depends. Unfortunately, they were so tight she couldn't walk so I opened the tail hole bigger and loosened the elastic in the legs a little bit. A lot of the time she just walks out of them. I never put my carpet shampooer away anymore. We bought some baby diapers to see if they would work better. It said up to 28 pounds but wouldn't ya know, they are too small. The dog ones are so expensive, I thought I could cut a hole in baby ones and get by with them. They absorb more. Since Pa doesn't have clean up duty, he doesn't think it is time to have Mags put to sleep. With her jaw muscle gone on one side, it is getting harder for her to eat. She has a great attitude and huge appetite and her tongue is still pink so we don't think she is loosing as much blood as it looks like. She runs around when we let her go out in the front yard and enjoys that so I just don't know what to do about her. Her hips are going south so she falls over once in awhile.
 The Hedgehog cactus is blooming. We are getting little wild flowers on the property. If we'd get some rain, we would get lots of them.
 Did you see the super moon last night? It was so pretty but my lousy photography doesn't do it justice.
 Where's the cow jumping over the moon?
 It was sooooo beautiful!
 I thought I'd get artistic and film thru some branches.
 The branch is actually in front of the moon
 Ha! It looks like the branch is cradling the moon. How did I get that shot?

 A Christmas tree decoration?
My mom has one of those Jitterbug phones that doesn't have enough power to call across the street so I told her I would put her on my plan and send her my old phone. When we went in last week to see how much it would cost and to buy out my contract on Verizon internet, we were told it would cost $95.00 to buy out the contract and another $35.00 to activate my old phone. We went to Show Low Friday and talked to another girl and she said she could just switch the internet phone number to my old phone. When that was done, I asked how much we owed and she said NOTHING! I'll mail my mom the phone on Tuesday and she will be all set up and ready to go. I put in everyone's number she might want to call and wrote down instructions. We will feel much better knowing she has a better phone to use in an emergency.
My spinach is coming up and is producing it's second set of leaves. Peas are up and doing well, about an inch and a half tall. The asparagus is growing like gang busters but we can't eat it this year. It needs to build up it's strength. I planted brocolli, cauliflower, okra, lima beans, green beans, two blueberry bushes, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, carrots, radishes,lettuce, cabbage and grape tomatoes, green bell and yellow bell peppers and potatoes. I still have butternut squash, pumpkins, 3 kinds of tomatoes, watermelon, cantelope, zuchinni, pepperocini, red bell peppers, and cukes to plant. I'm running out of room. I may have to put up fences so things can grow up instead of vine all over the ground. I started a bunch of marigolds and zinna's in the house and transplanted a bunch of them outside. Some in the garden to repel bugs and some in pots in front of the house. All of my transplants in the garden are covered with milk cartons to protect them from the wind. Hey, did you know that you can cut off the bottom inch or so of a bunch of celery, plant it outside and it will grow more celery? You just put the bottom of the bunch (where the roots would be), not individual celery sticks, in a bowl of water over night and then plant the next day.
Our poor friend, Lil Abner! He's had a rough year. We got up at 4:30 on Friday to take him to the hospital for surgery. This is his third surgery in 3 months! It was just a day surgery ( but serious)and we picked  him up at noon and brought him home. He hasn't had the time to recoup from his previous surgeries so you know it knocked the snot out of him. Keep him in your prayers!
We are having our usual spring weather. Beautiful if you don't mind the wind. It isn't as windy as it was last year tho...Thank God! Three solid months of wind about drove me crazy and ruined the garden.
Good news, we are now using Wild Blue satellite for our internet provider. We can watch videos now and not worry about running out of megabytes. It is three times as many megabytes for about $20.00 more a month. Verizon worked great but don't go over a silly second on your MB's or you will get charged double.
My friend Katie came over last Thursday to play in my craft room.  I took her for a ride in the Granny Mobile. We both got sunburned without realizing it till the next day. On Mother's Day we are going to Flagstaff to go shopping!!!! I can hardly wait. She is so much fun to shop with because we both like the same type stores. We also like the same kinds of stuff so I just might have to hold her down and tear something I want right out of her hands.
Pa spends most of the day putzing around in his work shop ( one of the storage containers) He actually spent some time organizing it so he can find things. We need to go thru the 48 ft semi trailer and really evaluate what we have and what we need to get rid of. When I mention something like that, Pa says maybe we should start in my craft room. EXCUSE ME!!! I do go thru it from time to time and usually give what I don't want to my friend Katie. So I do evaluate what's in there!!!!! Pa is such a pack rat and has the attitude that he might use something one day before he dies. That is, if he can find it! Oh well, as long as it is out in the shed and not in the house. We all have our Achilles heel. I'm not any closer to getting chickens! I'm just going to have to buy some material next time I'm in Show Low with out Pa. Maybe if it is staring him in the face, he'll get inspired to build me a chicken coop.
Ok, then, are we all caught up? Any questions? I'll try to blog more often but don't read this as a promise or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment