Saturday, March 26, 2011

We have solar!

 In between wind storms, Pa and I managed to get the frame up for the solar panels. It took two or three days because we got tired of having our faces sand blasted. Will this wind ever stop? I am so tired of it. Thank God we can always spend time in the house instead of taking refuge in the motor home.
 This strange bird lives under our storage container with it's friend. It runs out from under the container and grabs some seed and then runs back under. It can fly. It is very nervous and is hard to get a good picture of it. I cropped this and it was taken from a steamy window.
 This picture isn't much better.
 Now the racks are up for the solar panels. Praise God we are making progress.......in between wind storms.
 Today dawned bright and beautiful so we managed to get all the solar panels up and bolted down. Just as we got the last one secured, the wind started up. I made sure to thank God for holding off until we could get it completed. Now all we are waiting for is for Steve's friend to come and hook them up to the batteries and inverter. OHHHHHH we are getting closer and closer!!!! The solar panels are getting their first wind trial. Hopefully they will still be there in the morning.
 OH look! Pa stopped to say hello. Can you believe we actually worked together and didn't kill each other in the process? Miracle of miracles. Hmmmm I believe that is a five finger salute and not a one finger one.
 Here is another picture of our birds. It has a bit of orange on it's chest.
What a cutie. We have some sparrows with more markings than the ones in Vegas. I don't know if this is one of those Junco's or not. Hey, I can recognize eagles and hummingbirds. I haven't seen our resident eagle for the past few days. Of course not, I had my camera with me.
I ordered two kinds of lilac bushes, some peppercini peppers and some heirloom tomato plants and they arrived yesterday. I will let them rest for a couple of days and then put them in pots in the house until the weather warms up. I love lilacs.
During the windy weather I've been unpacking more boxes. I found a box with two porcelain hands in it holding a toilet paper roll so it got installed in the guest bathroom. My great friend in Illinois gave it to me for Christmas one year. I also had a porcelain hand that could  hold  a guest towel and I installed it also. Hope it doesn't creep anyone out. I find hands to be fascinating for some reason. Especially real ones. Years ago at a craft show, some booth was doing wax casting of hands so I drug Pa and my mom in there and we all had our hands cast in wax. Then they poured plaster into the mold and produced our hands. I found them in a box and set them on the night stand in the guest bedroom. I especially love the one of my mom's hand. Anyway, I have just about got my craft room all settled. I put up brackets in the closet to put shelves on at each end and I can put some of the clutter in there. Pa has been so busy with the solar and sorting out his shop, he hasn't done much to his cave so it is still crowded with boxes. I know if I started putting things on shelves, he wouldn't like where they were so I'm leaving it up to him.
The linoleum and living room window are supposed to arrive in Kingman on Tuesday or Wednesday and then the workers are supposed to come and FINALLY FINISH THE HOUSE!!!!! What a happy day that will be. Maybe then we can start to get settled. I told Pa the other day that this is taking so long, the house  no longer feels new. I really like it tho. I rearranged the living room furniture so we could fit the entertainment center in the corner. We may get to watch TV some day. We haven't watched TV for almost 4 months with the exception of the four days we house sat for Daisy Mae.
What will tomorrow bring? Probably more wind! Talk to ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment