Saturday, March 19, 2011

Morning visitors

 Every morning when we have coffee, we have little visitors having their morning drink. I love birds. Not sure what these are. I looked them up on the web and couldn't find any Northern Arizona birds that look like this. Some have dark grey heads. I put some bird seed in a feeder but they don't know what that is so I sprinkled some on a board and they went right to it.
 I ended up putting the feeder on the board this morning which you can't see here but they thought that was just groovy and started eating out of it.
 Here is another morning visitor. There are two of them actually. I put water out in  a dish for them. One of them stuck his paw in the water and washed his face. Cute. Yeah, I think they are cute now but I will probably shoot them if they get in  my garden. I discovered they ate most of one of the baby juniper trees I transplanted. Tonight I put out some left over lettuce by their water dish so maybe they will eat that instead.
 I found a paint sample at Lowe's called Earthen Rose which I fell in love with. So decided to paint one of the walls in the guest bedroom. It turned out so orange! Pa and I both hated it.Plus it was supposed to cover 400 square feet. Guess what? I had a two by two foot section that was still white because I ran out of paint! Oh well, back to the drawing board.
 Two coats of white paint later, we are back to the way it originally was. I'm thinking I am  not a bold wall color person. I may try to find a green that goes with my comforter and do one wall with that.
 We are making progress! We moved in the bed for the spare bedroom and I finally got to use the expensive comforter set I purchased years ago. I fell in love with this set and couldn't afford it because it cost $500.00 so over the course of a couple of years, I would stop by the store just go look at it and drool. Then I got the bright idea of looking it up on the internet and found it for $300.00 and snatched it right up. Obviously Pa and I were still working. So it comes UPS and I was so excited, I put it on the bed and fell in love all over again. That night Pa has a fit because it is too heavy and too hot. Soooo off the bed it goes, back into the package and in the closet where it has been for five or six years. Just a hint if you are a guest. Just suck it up and enjoy my beautiful comforter set. You can always shove it to the end of the bed while you are sleeping and then make the bed the next day and I will never know the difference!
 With the exception of a couple boxes and some missing molding, the guest room is ready. You still can't use the bathroom or electricity yet tho.
 Pa and I dug out the roll top oak desk. It was in the semi trailer. He is going to use it for his main desk. I got him a lap top for his birthday so it will fit in the desk just fine. We also found an oak file cabinet that used to belong to his dad. Today we dug out the oak book case. I used to have it in my living room in Vegas. I donated it to Pa's cave. I am hoping with all this nice furniture, he will keep his area cleaner than he did in our former home. He wants saloon doors going into the kitchen from his room. We'll have to check the web and see if we can find some.
 Here is our buffet. It looks so nice in the dining room. My dad made the table lamp out of Iron wood and leaded rock for the shade.
 My mom painted these two saws. They are both farm scenes so I thought they would look nice together. Oh look! There is a bottle of Margaritas sitting on the table!
 My mom also painted this saw with the desert scene. It is hanging in the living room
 I found this 3d wall hanging my Vegas daughter gave me years ago so thought it would look nice next to my swirly sun. I have a thing about sun things. I have three sun faces that I am going to hang on the outside of the house after it gets repainted
Here is a close up of the 3d wall hanging. It is made of plaster of some sort. I really love it.
Pa was going to work on the frame for the solar system but it was so windy. It really makes you tired trying to work in the wind. So instead he crawled under the house to install an electrical outlet. He wasn't looking forward to that but was glad he got it done. Hopefully tomorrow won't be so windy and he can work on the frame. We are supposed to get some rain maybe.
The blasted factory guys haven't showed up yet so I called our salesman and asked for an update. He said he should have a schedule by Wednesday. Our kitchen flooring has come in and a new front room window so hopefully they will start by next weekend.
Ok, you have been updated. We would love to hear from some of you.....hint, hint

No comments:

Post a Comment