Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dog tired!

Today was Show Low day. Since Pa and I usually end up in a fight, we decided that we would go shopping in Show Low by ourselves. He went last time so today was my turn. Lordy, I did not want to go. It is about 120 mile round trip and you are exhausted by the time you get there. We went thru the semi trailer yesterday and loaded up the back of my truck with donations to the Humane Society store. We finally got rid of all the gum ball machines we were going to go into business with. Thank you God! The thrift store was glad to get them. So all in all, I went to the thrift store, Big Lots, The Dollar Store, Lowe's, Home Depot, Walmart, Arizona supply, Ace Hardware, Safeway and the Chinese Buffet. On the way home, I stopped at the post office and then Circle K to get coffee and gas. I left at 8 a.m. and got home at 5 p.m. I still didn't get every thing I wanted, like potting soil, mulch and stuff for my garden and I really didn't care! All I wanted to do was come home and crawl into bed. Luckily I didn't have to cook dinner because I brought Pa some Chinese food.
Pa kept busy making the frame that the solar panels will go in or on, which ever the case might be. Once he gets the frame done and the panels mounted, our friend from Nevada will come and hook up the wires and we will be in business!
Lil Abner came over with one of his sons yesterday. The son is at least 6"6" tall and is as strong as an ox. He helped us get our oak buffet into the house for which I am soooo grateful. It makes the entire house look different. That puppy was so heavy and Pa and I would never  have been able to get it into the house from our storage container.
The salesman for our home told us that someone is supposed to come and completely finish the house for us but we haven't heard a word from anyone yet. Darn it, I want it done! We've been waiting for over two months to get every thing finished.
Tomorrow I am going to put up the shelves in my craft room and maybe paint one wall in the spare bedroom. I'll be sure to take pictures and post them. But for now? I'm going to crawl into bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment