Thursday, March 10, 2011

Murphy's Law

I found three more baby trees and transplanted them yesterday. One took almost 30 minutes to dig up and the other two only took a couple of minutes. I thought since it had rained/snowed the day before that the ground would be wet and soft. Obviously, I don't know what I am talking about! The only reason the two were so easy was because they were growing in soft sand.
We've got gas!!!! Propane gas that is. The delivery driver suggested we paint the tank a lighter color because the tank will get hot in the summer and expand. We were kind of happy with the brown color because you can hardly see it since it matches the soil.
See? hardly noticeable!
Now to Murphy's Law. I decided to put the trench in for the electrical wire because Lil Abner said he might need his trencher back soon. I did a fantastic job doing the trench. I even did the one for the water pipe. Unfortunately when I turned the trencher around the trencher caught the side of the building and tore it off! I was horrified and knew that Pa would KILL ME! Well, at least it was the short side and not the entire 8x8 side.
Thank God and Harbor Freight for nail guns. Pa had it fixed in no time at all. Look at that trench, isn't it nice?

After I paint the nail holes, you'd never know...... unless someone talks about it on her blog. Hey, I'm not perfect by any means.
And now to Murphy's Law part two...

I finished trenching the water line and was trying to figure out how to get the trencher on one side of the trench or the other since I was straddling the trench. Lil Abner dug this the other day but with all the wind, it filled back up. I decided to just drive over the trench but unfortunately, the tire got caught in the darned thing and slewed around and knocked the blocks loose in the pump hole. There was cement in the holes and rebar. I broke a lot of the  block. You talk about being horrified. Now I knew that Pa was gona KILL ME!!!!!
Instead of murdering me, we made lemonade out of lemons. Pa had to have a hole in the bottom of the blocks to put the water pipe in so after using a jack to put the blocks back where they had to go, he knocked a big
hole in the block and put a pipe thru it and then we proceeded to lay the pipe in the trench.
He actually told me to use the trencher to fill the trench back up. Are you kidding me? No way was I going near the trencher. I used a shovel and shoveled the dirt back into the trench. Call it penance for my big sins of the day. But believe it or not, Pa wasn't too mad and we actually got a lot done today in getting our water tank ready for the big fill. Tomorrow we are taking the 250 gallon water tote to town to fill up and we will use those gallons to wash out the 4000 gallon water tank and then it will be ready to fill.
I wasn't happy with the way the dresser turned out. It was supposed to look shabby chic but turned out looking more shabby than chic so I repainted it with two more coats of white and then dry brushed some brown across it. Now it has 5 coats of white paint on it. I am so sick of looking at that dresser! I have to wait till we have power to cut out my stencil of leaves and branches to paint on. I'm not in any hurry.

It was a beautiful day today. Had to be in the 70's. That's one thing I love about Northern Arizona. I can actually be outside on a warm day and not die of heat stroke.

Well, I'm glad I'm still alive and kicking. I'm glad Pa didn't KILL ME and bury me under the septic tank.
Talk to ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment