Thursday, August 2, 2012

August already!!!!

 It's amazing how God provides all your needs. We've been wanting a tractor but hadn't found anything reasonable ( for those on social security) . Lo and behold, Wayne has a tractor!!!! He needed a blade for the back and Lo and Behold, there was one sitting at the scrap yard, just waiting for him to find it. The day after he bought it and refurbished it, he went back to the scrap yard and found out they weren't supposed to sell it!
 Of course after he fixed it all up, they couldn't very well ask for it back, could they? He and Pa were wandering around the scrap yard (a man's idea of paradise). They asked the guy if he had an auger hiding anywhere.
 There wasn't one at the scrap yard, but Lo and Behold! the guy had one at his house and he would sell it to them. He started out at $300 and by the time of the final purchase, it was $150. Now, see how God provides?
 Here are they guys, modifying the auger so it will fit Wayne's tractor. They worked on it a couple, three days and it works like a charm. Wayne painted it blue. The guys are currently stringing fence across the back. I will be so happy to have the place fenced in against those renegade cows!
 We are still in the monsoon season. Lordy, it is so humid!!!! Even I, who doesn't sweat, am glistening with moisture. I read that it isn't considered sweat if it is humid. It is just condensation. We won't mention the state of my hair. Let's just say, straw anyone?
The barrels are full and overflowing. When he gets a minute, Pa will transfer that water to the big tank to use as garden water. Speaking of the garden, I am so tired of Potato bugs, potato bug eggs, potato bug larvae, baby potato bugs and tomato worms with those ugly horns. I've decided no potatoes will be growing in my garden next year. My friend Jeanne who I worked with at Sysco gave me a recipe for cigar spray that she guarantees will work. Next time I go to town, I'll buy some cigars and give it a try.

I'm off to Flagstaff with my friend, Katie on Saturday. I need to talk to a woman for a change! Can't wait to hit the thrift stores. I really can't think of a thing I need craftwise but ya never know.

Anyone know of someone who fixes up classic cars? This is a 1963 Chevy Impala Super sport that Wayne is trying to sell. The motor and transmission has already been rebuilt. It needs new interior. We looked them up on Ebay and once they are all fixed up they go for 1000's of dollars. If you know of anyone, let me know.

That's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. God provides indeed!!! That is WONDERFUL.......And I also wanted to THANK YOU so much for your very sweet comment on my blog!!! I hope you are having a very blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete