Wednesday, August 15, 2012

No Regrets

NO REGRETS

There is only one thing about which
I shall have no regrets when my life ends.
I have savored to the full all the small daily joys.
The bright sunshine on the breakfast table;
The smell of the air at dusk;
The sound of the clock ticking;
The light rains that start gently after midnight;
The hour when the family comes home;
Sunday evening tea before the fire!
I have never missed one moment of beauty,
not ever taken it for granted.
Spring, summer, autumn or winter.
I wish I had failed as little in other ways.
~Agnes Sligh Turnbull

I don't know where I found this but I thought it was so beautiful. I've always (well almost always) found the joy in each day, the beauty of the moment. I was talking to an old friend in Vegas last night and he said that has been what has kept me young at heart. He said I'll  never get old. I hope and pray I never lose that gift.... The gift of joy, seeing the wonder in the smallest thing, the beauty that surrounds me, the friends that touch me and love me no matter what stupid or unwise thing I do and accepts me for who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment