Monday, February 6, 2012

Maggie Miss Behavin'

My Scottie, Maggie who is 11 years old had to go to the vet last week while Pa was out of town. She didn't act sick in the least way. Her appetite was good, she was sprightly and active, did I mention her appetite? She will be just like me and raise up off her death bed and ask for pizza! She was peeing blood and drinking huge amounts of water. The vet said she had a bad bladder infection and was very surprised she acted like she felt so good . Turns out she also has cataracts and the muscle on one side of her jaw has atrophied, causing her eye to sink into her skull a bit. Can't do anything about those but she is now on antibiotics and something to get rid of the ash in her blood. We've been feeding the dogs Walmart's Old Roy and the vet says it has a lot of ash in it which can irritate the bladder and cause crystals in their urine. I have 25 pounds of dry Old Roy but have switched the dogs to Purina Smartblend until I can get to Show Low and get them something better.  I have spent more on my four dogs in the last 6 or 7 years than I did on my three children in their entire lives!

Pa made it home from Vegas in good shape with a new mother board in the generator. The generator guys know where the problem is but don't know why the problem is. Not even the engineers for Generac know why the mother board keeps going bad. Seems to me they would come to the conclusion that we got a lemon and offer us a new generator. The guy in Vegas said next time bring it back and he will replace it again but he doesn't seem to realize that it is expensive to go to Vegas for repairs every six months. Pa did have to go back on his eye drops tho.

I am so glad that I brought my geraniums inside for the winter. Aren't they pretty? Even the petunias that reseeded themselves in the same pot are doing great. Vegas about killed my green thumb but it has come back since moving here. I love plants and wish I had more windows to fill with them.

While Pa was gone, I had to haul in wood for the stove. We use a laundry basket. When I woke up yesterday, I could barely get out of bed. My lower back is sooooooo sore. I spent most of yesterday with the heat pad on my back and from time to time would go hang upside down on my reclining board. I couldn't get it to pop. I'm still lame today so I am not doing much. I told Pa he would have to get the neighbor to come down and help him unload the generator. I really hurt!!!!!
One of the things we are blessed with out here at the ranch is beautiful sunsets. We need to spend more time outside in the evening instead of watch TV. Really, is there anything worth watching anymore? I am so sick and tired of politics. While Pa watches O'Riley and Hannity, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, I play in my craft  room. We got our ballots to mail in early and will mail them tomorrow.

Pa put up Old Glory. Beautiful, isn't she? I hope and pray she will be able to fly after the election. It seems our current prez, isn't too proud of our country and what she stands for.

I'm sorry I don't blog more often but really, not much happens out here. Then it seems when I do have something to say, I don't have enough megabytes left with Verizon to be on the internet. I will be so glad with our contract with Verizon is over. I really have no complaints about Verizon. We always get good connections but to get more megabytes each month would cost an arm and a leg and we've already given them our firstborn.

Guess that covers it for now. If any of you have any specific questions you would like answered, let me know and I will answer them next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment