Monday, February 27, 2012

Rocky Adventure

 We grabbed our pal, Tom, on Saturday along with his trusty companion, Max and went exploring around the ranch. We meandered up to the top of a mesa and saw this rock which had been split into 3 sections. Those of you who know me well, know that I am addicted to rocks of all shapes and sizes. I wanted to take this one home but it wouldn't fit in my pocket.
 This is looking down from the mesa, into the canyon. There are so many pretty places to explore out here. There is still a patch of snow down there.
 This is the edge of the mesa.
 Here are Tom and Pa contemplating the awesomeness of Mother Nature. " On a clear day......." Notice all the different colors down below.
 I'll bet this tree is ancient!
 My buddy, Max. He is such a great dog. His one bad trait is he is kinda hyper. He's about 2 years old so we are hoping he grows out of it. After running almost 2 miles to get to our house, he wasn't even winded, just thirsty.
 On the top of the mesa, there are these little natural indents where snow and rain collect. The wild life takes advantage of these mini water holes as you can tell by the bird splat.
 What a magnificent view! We know the owners of the property below so I am going to ask them if we can park our car in their driveway and hike thru the canyon before it gets too hot.
 Due to lack of rain, a lot of trees die thru out the ages. I think they are artistic.
 I found this strange conglomeration of sandstone. Originally it was on a stem so it looked like a mushroom.
 Rocks, rocks, rocks, rocks !  Ya gotta admit, they look pretty interesting.
 The wind is blowing so hard today, it could blow your socks off. It might rain with a bit of snow later. I decided today would be a good day to make bread. This looks too pretty to eat and smells WONDERFUL!
It is a 9 grain, wheat bread and has molasses in it. I use molasses so seldom, it took me forever to find it in the pantry.
Tomorrow, Maggie, the Scottie goes back to the vet for more tests and x-rays. There goes the money I got for my birthday! Oh well, nowhere to spend it around here altho I was looking forward to a shopping trip to Flagstaff to hit the thrift stores, darn it! Especially before the gas prices go up to $5.00 a gallon. Then I'm not going anywhere!
Tom came over for dinner last night. Pa made Apple Enchiladas for dessert . We had tri-tip steak, twice baked potatoes and grilled asparagus with onions and orange peppers and garlic bread. Gotta keep those old bachelors fed. Heck,gotta keep us old people fed! I've got to remember to take my camera to Tom's to take some pictures of the Indian baskets he weaves. It's not enough to weave one, he also beads them. They are beautiful!
Opps! I think some of my onions just blew away!

1 comment:

  1. you crack me up girly...I hope Maggie is all better...she is worth the trip to Flagstaff...plus I will be there in just over a week to play...c ya then!!!

    ReplyDelete