Friday, February 17, 2012

Foggy morning

 We woke up this morning to fog! Fog to the right of us, fog to the left of us, fog everywhere! Pa went to town to get a load of water while I stayed home and did domestic stuff.


 Yesterday or the day before I made this coupon holder so I could organize my grocery store coupons.
 This is the fog from the kitchen window, looking out to the back yard.
 This is looking out toward the driveway. See the frost on my truck?
 This is a view out the front window looking at the garden. I ordered 14 pounds each of blueberries, blackberries and boysenberrys. My freezer is jam packed full so I have till the first of March to make room for 3 boxes of fruit. Someone in SnowFlake orders from Bithel Farms in Oregon and then a truck rolls up at this persons house and we are all waiting in line to get our berries. They order three times a year. I still had peaches and apples from the previous order last fall. Sooooooo, I decided to do something with the apples.
 I made an apple pie but that didn't make too much room in the freezer so I proceeded to make applesauce and the can it in my new waterbath canner.
 Bubble, bubble, toil and touble..wait, I think it's the wrong season for that saying.
 The peaches soon met the same fate.

and there ya have it. 4 quarts of apple sauce, 2 quarts and 1 pint of peach sauce. The recipe called for all spice and all I had was whole all spice. I got out my handy little food processor and made all spice powder. When you live in the boonies, ya have to do with what ya got. By the time I was done, 4 hours or more had gone by and I was exhausted being on my feet for so long. I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday. A couple of days before I made chocolate chip oatmeal ones but Pa didn't like them and if he doesn't like some kind of food, it will just sit there. I threw them away. He was very pleased with the chocolate chip ones. I've switched from Nestle Chocolate chips to Hershey chocolate chips. They are so much better and the recipe on the back makes better chocolate chip cookies than the Nestle recipe.
My back is slowly getting better, hardly any pain but my hips still feel jammed into my lower back. At least I won't have to go to the bone crusher and deposit my hard earned money into his pocket.
My friend, Pam sent me the most yummy bar of soap that she made. I emailed all of you the brochure so you should really order something from her. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment