Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thunder and Snow

 He also made Swiss Steak, a huge pan of it. He wanted to make sure there was plenty left over for us the next day. It's always better the second and third day. Boy, was it tasty! I love it when Pa cooks. I wish he would do it more often because I get so tired of having to figure out what to cook for dinner every night. I'd much rather do the dishes.
 We got two or more inches of snow yesterday. Very unusual to get a snow storm with thunder. Tilly decided to take advantage of the sun coming in thru the kitchen window.
 Here is the snow coming down. Pa made it to town and back to get the mail and a load of water. It sure would be nice to have a well so we didn't have to make water runs. But they are very expensive and water from the ice plant where we get water is 2 cents a gallon so we can make a lot of water runs for what it would cost to put in a well.
 This is looking out the kitchen window. After living in Illinois for 15 years and surviving the "Winter of "78" I swore I would never get near snow again. Old age must have mellowed me because I don't mind it at all now. It makes a difference not having to go out in it.
 The Bronco might think differently about the situation tho.
It's so pretty with the sun shining on the snow. I saw a couple of bunnies in the driveway, frolicking in the snow. Good thing Pa doesn't have his pellet gun at the ready. We are supposed to have a couple of  nice days and more rain or snow for a couple days after that. At least my onions are getting watered! It's all I can do to keep from starting my seeds indoors for this years garden. I need to wait for at least two or three weeks unless I want them to start producing in the guest bedroom. Last year, I was getting peppers while the plants were still in the house.
I asked Pa what his plans were for today. I slept in till 8 so my plans are to make no plans at all! I think he is leaning in the same direction. I wish he would find a hobby to keep him busy. Me? I just hang out in my craft room and play with paper. It is so nice being retired. I recommend it for every one. I've been reading Acts in the Living Bible. You could be reading about modern man, people never change down thru the ages.
That catches us up for now. Thanks for hanging out with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment