Saturday, November 5, 2011

Snow!

 Anyone know what kind of grain this is? I thought it might be barley but I looked up pictures of barley and this ain't it! I had this one lonely grain  pop up in the garden and couldn't figure out where it came from. My gardner friend, Tom was perplexed also. Then he was wandering around his property and discovered the same thing near his garden, growing next to a bale of straw. He had maybe a dozen stalks. So we now know it came from our bales of straw but still don't know what it is.
 Last night when I went to bed, the wind was howling like a banshee. Woke up later to hear rain pounding on the roof and woke up this morning to snow! Not much but it sure puts me in the mood for Christmas.
 It was still pretty dark out when I took the pictures.
 Isn't it pretty? While living in Vegas, I only had one type of clothing which one could wear all year round with maybe a sweater or light jacket in the winter. Here you have to have two wardrobes, hot and cold gear. Sometimes I start out with a thermal shirt on and have to change to a short sleeve t-shirt later in the day and back to the thermal shirt in the evening. Yesterday we had a fire in the stove and it got so hot in the house, you could have baked cookies on the dining room table. I had to use my fan in the craft room!
 My curly grass probably won't survive the winter. I've already brought in my geraniums and don't have room for any other plants in the house.
 My buddy, Katie sent me a file to make this "wooden" crate. I worked on it yesterday. When I saw the one she made, I thought it was made of real wood even after holding it in my hand!
I also made this basket. It is made with wood veneer which I can cut with my Cricut machine. I messed it up but managed to save it in the end. I've finished the hard part of my grand daughters Christmas present and will work on the rest of it today. Might be a good day to do some baking also. Maybe chocolate chip cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment