Sunday, October 30, 2011

An Ode to Miss Kitty

 "Love to eat them mousies,
Mousies what I love to eat.
Bite they little heads off,
Nibble on they tiny feet"
by Kliban
Pa found what was left of Miss Kitty not too far from the house. There was just a digested ball of fur. So now we know a coyote got her because it was next to a coyote poo. I hope her tick and flea collar gave it a big belly ache. I almost would have preferred just thinking that a coyote got her, not that it actually happened that way. She was a good cat, more like a dog. I'll miss going on walks with her. Rest in peace, Miss Kitty.
 Here are the jars of stewed tomatoes  I made. Aren't they pretty? I froze a few more today and have less than a dozen green ones left.....Thank God!
 Here's Tilly. I thought this picture was so cute because she jumps on a table I left by the window just for her. She loves to look out side and rests her chin on the window sill while she is gazing around. Scouting for rabbits, no doubt.
 Here's our snake. Not the usual big one, this must be junior. Getting some last of the sun and warmth before winter sets in.
 Pa was poking at him so I could get a picture and he didn't like that one bit. He tried his best to hide in this tiny hole.
 He doesn't understand that we like him. At least until we get chickens. We may have a few words then. Daisy Mae couldn't figure out when she wasn't getting many eggs from her chickens until our neighbor Tom saw a raven fly out of her chicken house with an entire egg in it's bill.
 This is Jaz doing her favorite thing. She loves being covered with a blanket. I think she would have been a great child's dog who got dressed up in clothes. She's so patient.
 Well, don't over do it Jaz!
 Here's Maggie, doing her favorite thing. Don't these dogs ever work?
On Saturday, I went to Holbrook to meet my friend Katie. We went 7 or so miles on to Joseph City to a Stampin Up class. It ran from 1 to 4 pm. and we made two of each card. I had a great time and learned something new. I'm going to talk to the sales lady and see if she would do classes in Saint Johns. But I am willing to go back to Joseph City again.
OH! my one broccoli plant is putting out little shoots of broccoli . It doesn't seem to bother it getting frosted each night. It was 32 this morning so we had a little fire going in the wood stove. The house heats up pretty quick when the sun comes out so it doesn't take long to open a door or window.
Guess that catches us up for now!Stay tuned......

1 comment:

  1. Where's your Candy Corn Treat Box...lol just kidding...Thanks so much for coming all this way to play...we will have to do it again soon...Nov 19 is the next one but I don't know if I can...I am leaving for vacation that following week and it will be my 7th Anniversary...so we will have to see...ttfn Katie

    ReplyDelete