Sunday, May 22, 2011

I GOTTA PEA !!!

And Arugula
 And radishes
 and potatoes
 and strawberries
 And a grave yard! No wait a minute, we enlarged the garden already and we are going to grow some things in bags of potting soil. I just couldn't face shoveling another truck load of horse manure and having to borrow the roto tiller again. So we will try this and then in the fall, dump the bags of soil and roto till them under for next year.
Can you believe this is what we woke up to on Tuesday morning? Maybe it was Wednesday.....whatever. It rained off and on all day and then into the night and we woke up the next morning to snow. It didn't freeze so it didn't damage my garden. We had our usual wind this week also. I happened to glance out the window and was shocked to see this.....

Good heavenly days!!!! For the first time in 16 years of marriage, Pa's inner child managed to break thru that hard crust and come out to play. It was a sight to see. I was almost afraid to go outside and break the spell.
Well, it's back to work. We have been putting up gutters on the house. Now is that an experience. Pa and I managed not to get a divorce but it was touch and go for awhile. For the rest of the guttering, he is trying to do most of it himself.
Ain't that purty? I'd post more often to my blog if it didn't take so long to add pictures. It takes a little over 2 minutes to download each picture. I can do one at a time or a bunch at a time but it still takes 2 plus minutes for each one to download. And I do know you all love to see pictures.
Next Saturday, if nothing comes up to cancel, my friend Katie, from Holbrook, and I am going to Flagstaff to check out the shopping hot spots. It takes at least an hour to get to Holbrook and then two hours to get to Flag. It will be a long day but worth it. I'm not interested in malls, I'm interested in craft stores, and thrift stores and a good place to eat.
Speaking of eating, I gained 14 pounds living in the motor home. Isn't that disgusting? In Vegas, I never craved sweets, not even chocolate. I've gone back on the HCG diet and have lost 4 pounds. I am doing 2 miles a day on my exercise bike. And I am craving chocolate like crazy!!!!! Pray for me, pray for me hard! I am having such a hard time sticking to the diet this time. It doesn't help that lettuce is 25 miles away. I use Romaine lettuce in place of bread , even for tacos. I went to the little IGA grocery store in Saint Johns and all their Romain lettuce had turned yellow and the iceburg lettuce was rotten in the bag. I flagged down an employee and asked if she could check the back room for fresh lettuce and luckily they had some. I really didn't want to go another 45 miles to Springerville just for lettuce. One of the downsides of living in the sticks. But let me tell ya, all in all, it is worth it. I love it out here.
I'll let ya know how my trip to Flag goes on Saturday, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo looking forward to our trip to Flagstaff... I will be ready when you get here...just let me know about what time you want to leave and I will be ready... :)

    ReplyDelete