Monday, May 9, 2011

Cool with WIND!

How was your Mother's Day? Mine was very nice. I met a lady on a crafting forum who lives in Holbrook, AZ and we had been emailing each other. She and her husband came for a visit yesterday. We had a lovely afternoon and talked crafts for hours. The day went by so quickly. Such a lovely couple! When you are a crafter, you never run out of things to talk about. She and I are going to go to Flagstaff one of these days and she is going to show me all the hot spots to shop. Turns out there are two Goodwills, Michaels and Joann's plus Savers. What more could a girl want?  Ok, a Hobby Lobby would be nice, as a matter of fact that would be awesome. I will have to start a writing campaign to get them to come to Flag. I wrote to them for years begging them to come to Vegas and after 20 years, they heard my plea.
Speaking of crafts, I made this guest book the other day. The outside is real wood, thin enough to cut with my Cricut. I used heat and bond to iron the wood onto cardstock to give it some body. I cut the words and the wolves out of darker wood and glued them onto the front. I made up the inner pages for people to sign when they come to visit. I have a Bind it All and that punched out the holes for the wires to go thru and then it closed the wires. My first attempt was a disaster so this was my second attempt and I am very pleased with the way it turned out. My friend Todd, another person I met on the craft forum gave me the idea.
I got up early this morning before the wind started and planted my 50 strawberry plants, a row of cabbage and two rows of carrots. At least I think I got the carrots planted. The wind started up before I got the seeds covered up so they might have blown over to New Mexico. I guess we will have wind till the end of May. We did have a few days of no wind which we enjoyed very much.
Pa got over his food poisoning and is feeling back to normal. He and I managed to drag, push, and shove the generator back into the shed. He needs to make a water run but we have to wait for our SS check to come in Wednesday so we can put gas in the water truck. Having a once a month income is very inconvenient sometimes. But it sure is nicer than having to go to work!!!! We both love retirement and recommend it to everyone. ha ha.
A new crew is supposed to show up today to finish up the house. We aren't holding our breath. I don't know how they are going to paint with all this wind. I think this crew is from Kingman. The no show guy was from Apple Valley, California and we never did hear what his problem was for not showing up four times. So we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. We look forward to signing your new book. Now if the weather would just settle down a bit. Strange stuff this winter, more cold and wind than I remember in years past. Yes we do get both, but can't remember when it drug on this long.
    All our best, Steve & Aleda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your book. You did a great job. but you never showed me how to cut that wood and how to do that...we were too into showing svg files and stuff...thanks so much for the fun day, I can't belive that my hubby was that talkative, he is a hermit and likes that so it was a good day for us...LONG drive but fun...can't wait til Flagstaff...soon!!!

    ReplyDelete