Sunday, May 29, 2011

70 MPH Winds !!!!

My trip to Flagstaff was cancelled due to my friend's daughter being flown to Phoenix. She is a diabetic and had a huge crisis. Well, family always comes first and there will be other opportunities. Think of all the money I saved!
I planted my scallop squash plants and watermelon a couple of days ago.Pa replaced the dead blackberries and added another grape seeing as we couldn't tell if our current grape was alive. Right now with the winds howling at 70 mph, probably nothing will survive. I did cover my strawberry plants with some shade cloth and am holding it down with cement blocks. I watered everything heavily before the winds struck.












I'd been promising Pa's sister some cards so made 28 of them this week. I'll send them to her when I go to town on Tuesday to pick up the mail. I must confess that I "borrowed" most of the sayings from another web site but I made my own graphics and cut files and cut them out with my handy Cricut machine. The swan, tiger and whale were cut using card stock as the base layer and vinyl for the top layer. I've found that if I have some intricate cuts to do, vinyl holds up better and is easier to stick on the card stock. Since sister goes thru cards like we do t.p. I'd better get started on some more. I used a resizer to make my pictures smaller and boy, did they download fast on the blog. Hope you can see them ok.
Man, oh man, this wind is driving me crazy! I have experienced more wind in the past 3 months than I have in my entire life total! It's impossible to do anything outside. I had to close the windows to keep most of the sand out. The four dogs got hair cuts this morning. Maggie was covered in tiny ticks again even tho she has a flea and tick collar on. She got her second bath of the week, this time with tick shampoo. I've got to search the motor home for the tick spray.
Pa will be heading for Vegas at the end of June for his two doctor appointments. I found a place where I can get my mamo in Springerville with no dr. referral so that will save me a trip to Vegas in the near future. My mom had breast cancer twice, once at 70 and once at 80. Luckily, they found it when the lump was the size of a head of a pin so radiation took care of that after the lump was removed. So that makes me very aware that I need to have a yearly mamo. You women out there, make sure you get yours also!!!
I've lost 5 or 6 of the 14 pounds I gained. Wouldn't you know that Pa is making fudge as I write this ! Who's side is he on anyway? Hopefully he will hide it somewhere so I can't find it in a weak moment. I was going to make him peanut butter cookies today but will wait till he eats all his fudge. For dinner tonight, I am going to pressure cook a couple of chicken breasts. It only takes 8 minutes after the pressure builds up. How cool is that? I should use that thing more often.
Oh Lord, help me !!!! The entire house smells like chocolate............

No comments:

Post a Comment