Sunday, May 15, 2011

Company!

 We had our first over night guests. Pa's best bud, Steve came with his family from Salt Lake City. The Razor is one of the toys he brought along. That puppy can go!
 He brought his own Taj Majal to stay in. Boy, that toyhauler is every bit as nice as our house. No wonder they stayed in there instead of the house. That thing can do every thing except knit baby sweaters.
 Steve rode most of the way on his Harley. He was a little sunburned and wind blown but he was happy to be here.
Here is Pa and Steve and Steve's grand daughter standing in the toyhauler section of the fifth wheel. It has it's own TV and beds and a picnic table built in. How cool is that? Steve bought property a couple of lots down the road from us. He bought it at our recommendation and thank goodness he liked what he saw.  Other than looking at the property, no one did much exploring but considering that they traveled for 15 hours to get here, it kind of caught up with them and everyone was exhausted. Unfortunately, they were only able to stay for two full days because people had to be back to work on Monday. That is a long trip for only two full days. We can hardly wait for Steve to come back when he can visit longer.
 While Steve was looking around,trying to find his property markers, he found this old abandoned camp site. It was on the property behind his. By the look of things, it had been there for quite a few years. The tents had completely returned to Mother Earth and mostly what was left were the tent poles.
 Lots of tent poles. There were at least two tents there and they looked like they were huge. I don't know if it was a meth lab or what. People have found a couple out here.
 There were a couple of aluminum chairs, a camp bed and suit cases with no clothes.
 Why would someone just leave all this stuff out there to rot?
I finally found a use for my truck. I went this morning and gathered up all the tent poles that were lying around and some cement block and brought them home. I am going to use them in my garden to make shades for the plants. Now, normally I would not take other people's things but you could tell no one had been there for years. And nothing was in good enough shape to be used for camping ever again. Ya know what? I actually sniffed around to see if I could smell any dead bodies. and yes, I did have my gun with me.
I sure hope the weather gets stable soon. Some of my garden seedlings are in bloom, like the scallop squash, tomatoes, and pepperocini's! Amazing how something could bloom in an inch of soil. Maybe I can harvest some baby scallop squash and BBQ them on the grill. My pepperocini's actually have peppers on them already. When I transplant them outside, they will probably go into shock and die. I stuck a couple of tomato branches in water that had broken off and they have roots on them. I had no idea that you could take cuttings off tomatoes and make more tomatoes.
Pa went to town and got water in the Toad mobile. One of our resident snakes came out to say hello today. I'll post pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment