Saturday, April 9, 2011

"They call the wind Miriah" I call it crappy

 Once again, it is windy. Whenever the weatherman says we will have gusts up to x amount of mph, he really means we will have constant winds at x amount of mph. Here is David putting the wires together for our solar panels. I don't know how he can figure this all out but he seems to have done it right because we are generating like crazy.
 Here's Pa putting in his two cents worth. We were so fortunate that what ever the guys forgot to bring, we had it so there was no delay and a couple of things we didn't have, our local Ace Hardware had on hand for a change. They usually say, "we can order it for you."  I really don't know how they stay in business.
 How do they know where to stick what wire? He really didn't have to look at the schematics too often to figure it out. He did have to call the factory a couple of times tho
 Due to our cold winter weather, the factory guy said we should hook up the panels a different way so they are sending a couple more breakers and wires. We have 3/4 of the panels hooked up and they are more than sufficient for our needs so you can imagine our power output when we have all 12 hooked up.
After blowing up our Select Comfort bed, thinking we would get a good nights rest, I woke up the next morning to discover Pa was missing in action. After looking at his side of the bed, I could figure out why.
 All the air went out of his side of the bed and he was sleeping in the guest bedroom. Jaz doesn't seem to mind the hammock effect. We checked the air hose and couldn't find any leaks. The next thing to do is  blow up the bed, disconnect the air hose and plug the connection with the plugs they provide. That way, we can tell if it is the hoses, connections or the mattress leaking. Guess what? I can't find the plugs and I just had them in my hands the other day. I hope I didn't accidentally throw them away. I will call the company and have them send me more plugs. Our bed is still under warranty so if we have to get a new mattress, we only have to pay 50% of the cost. It's hard to believe we have had out bed for 10 years already.
Yo! what's wrong with this bed?
We were supposed to get rain and snow today but when we woke up, it was partly cloudy and windy so Pa decided he would take the water truck to town and get a load of water. It is such an adventure, we call it Mr. Toads Wild Ride. When that water gets to sloshing around in the tank, you feel like you are getting pushed forward and backward all at the same time. Then when you turn a corner and the water sloshes from side to side, you think you are going to tip over sideways. There is no way I could ever drive that thing so I hope Pa stays in great health forever. Or that we win the lottery and can put in a well. Like that will ever happen.
I am hoping we can go to Show Low tomorrow. I found a cheap way to make our raised garden beds on Ana-White.com . She lives in Alaska and makes knock-off furniture. She had a post on there using cedar fencing to make the raised beds. I checked with Lowe's and they had the fencing for $1.77 each so I can make 6 inch raised beds for under $8.00 each plus the cost of compost , etc or I can make 12 inch beds for a tad more. Although we have about 6 more weeks before we can plant outside, I'm feeling a sense of panic at not being ready in time. I started my seedlings on the 27th of March and my broccoli is doing so well, I will have to transplant it into bigger pots soon. The bell peppers and golden peppers haven't sprouted yet. It's so neat to see things grow. I moved the bird bath close to the house but the birds haven't found it yet. With the wind, my bird  feeder has blown into the next county. I want to find a big stump and put it in the yard and nail the bird feeder to it . Then just the bird seed can blow away. We moved the dog pen so now the doggie door leads straight into the pen. The dogs aren't happy about that but we are. We don't constantly have to be on the alert as to where the dogs are. Eventually we will enlarge the dog pen so they have room to roam and use the current dog pen for the chicken yard.
Hey you out there! Keep in touch, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment