Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm a happy camper

 Our new kitchen floor was installed yesterday. Dave and his crew arrived at 8 in the morning and left at 8 at night. They were so exhausted by the time they were done. I picked out this floor off a picture sent to me via email. When they hauled it in and we unrolled a bit of it, every one looked at it and said " What in the world were we thinking when we ordered this?" It's hard to tell, but there is a shade of orange thru out. It's a much better grade of linoleum than what came with the house. After it got all laid out, we discovered that we loved the floor. Even tho it is darker than the original, it makes the kitchen look bigger. It goes great with our cabinets and with the tile I installed in the entry way and around the fireplace. Dave and his crew did a wonderful job, even better than the factory job. The only downside was we weren't sent enough to do the back porch so we have two colors of linoleum in the house. I will just have to keep the back door closed to the laundry room.
 Maggie and Harley both approve of the new floor
I had just purchased the rug in front of the sink on Monday and by Thursday, it no longer matched the floor. It has a lot of red in it. Oh well, it will have to do until it wears out.
Look! I now have baseboards thru out the house! They also redid the seams in the carpet in the hallway and into Pa's cave and you can no longer see the seams. They did a great job. Then they went all thru the house and fixed all the places the original carpet layer flubbed up. So now instead of having a gap between the carpet and baseboard, the carpet goes right up to the baseboard.
 Here is my garden. (In minature) The biggest plants are broccoli. My green peppers don't seem to want to sprout. Only one has come up so far.
 This is my lilac that I ordered from Hirt's Nursery thru Amazon.com. The plants arrived in great shape and both lilacs are doing well.
 Here's my watermelon. My mouth is watering already for a tasty bite.
My squash (yellow if I remember right) and my tomatoes and pepperocini (why can't I spell that right?). Anyway, my tomatoes have blooms on them already. They can't go out side for another month yet! Pa said we will just have to bring our tomato cages into the house and put them on top of the pots.
This is why we can't plant outside yet. Would you believe this was just a few days ago? Since then we have had beautiful weather, and yes, winds. Today dawned bright and clear and cold. Oh, did I show you our batteries? I had to take pictures of our solar system to send to our insurance guy.
   I had to run to Saint Johns yesterday to pick up the mail. When I got back, I discovered the dogs had been in my craft room helping themselves to about 1000 pieces of card stock. It was strewn all over the room. I think they thought they heard a mouse and decided to investigate. I managed to save a lot of the cardstock and some of the pieces with teeth marks in them can be cut down and used to make smaller cards. The ruined pieces made a nice fire in the burn barrel. I moved the card stock to a higher shelf and put stuff on the bottom shelf that they can't ruin. Blimey, some of that stuff is expensive.
  We've tried all the suggestions on how to check on why Pa's side of the bed is leaking. He is still camped out in the guest bedroom. It will cost under $100.00 to order him a new "air chamber". I guess that sounds better than "air mattress". Select Comfort will pay for 55% of it and we pay 45%. Now my question is, if we can get a replacement "air chamber" for around $200.00 without the warranty, why in the heck did the original bed cost almost 2 grand? The base is plastic. We could have just ordered two "air chambers" then duct taped them together, thrown on a mattress cover and called it good.
   Oh my gosh, we actually got to watch Dancing with the Stars on Tuesday night. Thank you Dish TV. Please don't bother sending a bill..... I thought we would stay glued to the TV for at least a week since it has been so long since we have been able to do so but we have only watched one program a night so far. Even tho we have a choice of movies. I'm sure we will watch more in the winter. Pa goes to bed by 8 most nights so I will pretty much get to watch what I want.
  Well, you are all caught up now. More later

2 comments:

  1. The rabbits and squirrels will love you for putting out such tasty treats. Fence in the garden with a combo of 4" field fence and a lower section of chicken. If you want to go really green, have the chicken coop next to the garden so the chickens can roam free in it. Keeps the bugs down without using pesticide. Speaking of chickens, is that a coyote I hear calling.

    All our best, Steve and Aleda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually have chain link to put around the garden once Pa gets around to buying some poles from the junk yard and chicken wire to put around the bottom of the chain link.

    ReplyDelete