Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wind, wind, go away!

   We are back in the motor home after watching our friends house for a couple of days. We put a new rain bonnet on the motor home this morning to keep the rain from dripping on my head. As soon as we got started the wind came up and has been blowing ever since. Try putting a huge tarp on top of a motor home when it is windy. It ain't easy! It was like trying to hold onto a huge kite. I could just picture Pa floating away into the sky, holding onto the ropes of the tarp! Hopefully we won't be in the motor home too much longer.
   Our dear friend,  Lil.Abner has to have a double bypass a couple of days after Christmas so we offered to house sit for them while they were in Phoenix having it done. I don't wish that on anyone but sure hope it makes him feel better.

   Here is a picture of my new kitchen. I won't have the goodies sitting on the counter tops since those were just props for the model. Just looking makes me want to start cooking and baking. Can you believe that since I hate to cook?
    I just have to share this little story. The other day Pa was doing some work around the motor home while I was house sitting. He took Harley, our male Mini Schnauzer with him. He decided to give Harley a Rachel Ray Booscotti biscuit and without thinking, popped one into his own mouth and ate it. He thought he had popped a Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie in his mouth. He couldn't figure out why the Famous Amos cookie tasted so weird until he checked. He said it didn't taste all that bad but he definitely preferred the Famous over the Booscooti!  If you knew how picky Pa is about his food, you would really appreciate this little story.


  

2 comments:

  1. Too Funny!!!! Your kitchen is going to be so beautiful!!! I also wanted to THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR awesome comment on my blog!!!! I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    Hope the new home gets in place in a timely matter.
    Famous Amos doesn't have anything on Trader Joe's Oatmeal and Cranberry Dunkers. Email me a shipping address and I will send over a box ( I am sure you don't have a Trader Joe's close). And by the way I lost the email with your current email addresses, so add that for sure.
    All our best for a warm and Merry Christmas.

    Steve Weeks

    ReplyDelete