Thursday, December 23, 2010

What not to do in bed

  A few days ago, I was all snuggy in my bed, my favorite dog on my chest, drinking a cup of coffee, fresh from being perked on the stove. The dog suddenly raised her head, causing the coffee to spill all over my chin and chest. I jerked off my pj top as I screamed and suddenly looked at Pa and said , in a tiny little voice, "I think I'm going to cry!" And then proceeded to do so. Poor little dog thought she was in big trouble. It is now day four and my burn is starting to peel. I didn't think it blistered but it did. Ok, I still drink my coffee in bed with my favorite dog on my chest but I am oh so careful now. Hopefully I won't be scarred for life.
  Pa went to Snowflake yesterday to check on solar panels and batteries, etc . Even if we could afford to get them right now, there is a 45 day wait since they are in high demand. I have no idea what we will be doing in that department. Live in a house with no power, I guess. But since the house is STILL sitting in the field with no septic tank permit, it's all a non issue at this time.
  UPS found us today and delivered two packages!! UPS won't deliver if the roads are too bad and even tho we woke up to rain and later some snow, the roads were still passable. It was damp and chilly today so I stayed in the motor home most of the day. Reading. I am going thru a book every 2 days and am running out of reading material. After Christmas, I will make the trek into town and get a library card.
   I'm kind of dreading Christmas day. It will be the first Christmas in ages that we have not spent the morning with my two Vegas grand kids watching them open their gifts. We see Pa's grand kids in the afternoon or Christmas Eve and I know he will miss that also. We haven't had time to shop for each other, altho I ordered him the last 40 years of Mother Earth News on DVD which he will get on Christmas. I'm still a kid at heart and like to have a tree with goodies under it. My dear friends Daisy Mae and Lil.Abner brought over a tiny living Christmas tree, some yummy goodies and a gift certificate to a restaurant which I thought was so wonderful of them. I hope the tree lives and we can plant it in front of our house, if it ever gets set up.(Can you tell that is a sore point with me?)
  Boy, I sure miss my Cricut cutting machine. No room for it in the motor home or for the tons of card stock I use with it. One of these days I will have my craft room back, bigger and better than before. Once I am in there, you will have to use a crowbar to get me back out. Pa will have his 40 ft container for his shop so he will have plenty to do once he gets it set up. It all takes time but I want it NOW! At least a septic tank permit! Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment