Thursday, December 16, 2010

Drip, drip, drip

   It was windy all day yesterday, blowing sand around. Pa went to Show Low with our friend and the dogs and I stayed home. It wasn't the least bit pleasant to be outside so the pups and I stayed in the motor home all day with the exception of a short walk. I read an entire book of 377 pages!
   Rained all night last night and was still raining this morning. My pillow was wet and so was the corner of my mattress! We will never get that leak fixed and why is it always over my bed? Why not Pa's? He refuses to change sides with me. There is a good side to all this tho. Our friends have to be gone over night and I am house sitting. They have a very large house so I can stretch my arms out as far as I want! They have four dogs, two huge ones, a puppy and a tiny Yorkie and with my four over here, that makes 8 dogs in the house. It doesn't feel crowded tho. Everyone seems to be getting along. Maggie, my Scottie is fascinated with the resident ferret but she is leaving it alone. My other three dogs haven't noticed it yet. Later today I have to feed the horses and burro.
   We still haven't heard anything about the septic tank permit. Please, Lord, don't make me live in the motor home all winter!!!! Please? We should FINALLY be closing on our Vegas house tomorrow. I was beginning to think this day would never come and I would be stuck with two house payments. Our buyer had the same problem as we did. Her house didn't appraise for the asking price. Bless her heart, she went with the appraisal price and closed on her home yesterday. Praise the Lord!!!!
   Since I have lots of electricity today and don't have to run the generator in the motor home, I am going to play on my computer all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment