Monday, December 27, 2010

Not much to report

   Took Lil Abner, Daisy Mae and son out to dinner last night.  They have had us over for dinner so many times! The only way we can "cook" dinner for them is to take them out to a restaurant for now. The oven doesn't work in the motor home and Lil Abner is so tall, he can't sit at the little table in our dining area. I just don't have room to cook a proper meal until we get our house set up.  My new kitchen will be so big! I can  hardly wait....but waiting I am because our ever elusive septic tank permit is still not here!
   We are house sitting for them right now. Lil Abner is having bypass surgery tomorrow so please keep him in your prayers. While I am here, I am going to put ceramic tile down in their bathroom so it will be all done when they get home. I think it is fun to do. It is supposed to climb up to 50 degrees today but I am freezing. The stove is burning wood at an alarming rate. We may have to go chop down a tree to have enough wood until they get home.
   Pa went to Show Low to get our propane bottles filled, then to Walmart and Lowe's. It is an hour drive each way so he may show up in time for dinner. One nice thing about house sitting is getting to use the oven. I am making a roast for dinner.
    Sorry there is not anything exciting to report. Things move slowly in the country...especially permits!

No comments:

Post a Comment