Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sunset at Hell N Gone





  The dogs are so exhausted at the end of the day from all the running around they do. In Vegas, Jaz, pictured above slept in her Select Comfort Bed all day. No wait a minute, that was OUR Select Comfort Bed! Bottom line, the dogs slept most of the day. Now they spend the majority of the day outside, exploring and running all over the place. It's hard to keep track of them but we have to so they don't get swooped up by a hawk or owl or coyote. Maggie, our Scottie has suddenly been cursed with Wanderlust. She hears a bird and off she goes to explore. When we discover she is missing, we whistle and call and worry that she has become something's meal but eventually she trots up on her 4 in long legs. They will have a big fenced in back yard sometime after the house gets set up.
   We are so fortunate the weather is holding up and the temps have been mild. I learned how to use Lil Abner's trencher today. It has a blade on the front so I cleared off some land to set our water tank on. I had such fun moving the earth all around. Pa thought he would never get me off the darned thing. I finally let him have it back with a promise that I would get to dig a trench some day soon.
  With all the cloudiness, we have had some spectacular sunsets. When I retired, I took money out of my retirement and bought a Canon Rebel XSi with a couple of lenses. I was bound and determined to learn how to use the thing manually. Set the speed, set the whatever. Two years later, I still use the automatic feature! If I happen to get a magnificent picture , it is pure dumb luck.
   Still no permit for our septic tank! I realize that we are country folk now and things tend to move a little slower than the big city but this is ridiculous!  And get this! I was in the little IGA grocery store the other day and the lady behind me in line said "Don't you feel strange?" I said "What do you mean?" She said "You are the only one in line who is not wearing pajamas"  And sure enough, the three people in front of me were shopping in their pj's and so was the lady behind me. What's with this? Have people become so lazy they shop in the pj's? I don't care if I don't see anyone all day, I still get dressed, put on make up and curl my hair every single day! Just call me old fashioned I guess.

1 comment:

  1. So good to see that you got your camera running. Such wonderful sunsets indeed. The onboard flash worked on the first one, but the last one seems to be overcooked. I won't bother you here, but if you would like to know how to dial down the flash and stay in auto let me know.
    We found out with our dogs that just letting run free worked the best. They always came home when they wanted food, water or a place to crash. They really do know where they are at and how to get home, unlike us. We also found they tended to wander less after they got used to the surroundings. That is unless a rabbit or some such got them on a chase.

    Our best for a Merry Christmas.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete