Friday, June 8, 2012

Good bye Maggie RIP

Well, the decision was made, by me, to have Maggie put to sleep. Poor little thing, she'd squat to pee and fall over on her nose or just sit down. She had trouble getting up the doggie door steps and would fall off as often as she could make it up. If food was dropped on the floor, she couldn't pick it up. But when we'd take her outside, she would run around like a little pup and have such a good time, then her back legs would give out and she'd fall over. So it was a hard decision to make. Pa took her to the vet in Springerville. He said she wasn't nervous at all and one shot and it was over in seconds. He brought her home and buried her under a tree in the back yard. I just couldn't go and watch her take her last breath. The house is so quiet at night now because she would wander all evening and half the night before she could get comfortable and go to sleep. I finally put the carpet shampooer away. I was getting so tired of mopping up pee and blood ALL day long. So she was put to sleep on Tuesday.
 Pa decided to go get some water from the community well on Monday. He was gone for HOURS and I got kinda worried so finally called him. Turns out he met a new guy who had just moved in and they chatted for hours. Then my pal Katie came over to play on Tuesday and the new guy showed up also. Pa had gone to get another load of water at the community well so he wasn't here. Katie and I talked to the new guy, whose name is Wayne, by the way, until Pa got here. Poor Katie didn't get to do much in the way of crafting but we did manage to exchange files and have some lunch.
Pa and I did some exploring yesterday on the way home from the dump. We had a pick up load to get rid of. We wandered around Carrizo ranch for an hour or so trying to find a way over to our ranch. I guess none of the roads connected. We were so close to our place and no way to get there except go across country but thought better of that idea. Then we stopped by Wayne's and invited him over for steaks tonight. Then stopped by Tom's and invited him also. I don't know why men with women don't move out here! Here I am surrounded by men........Oh darn! Am I lucky or what?
so here's the newest member of our community, May I introduce Wayne to you!
He gave me permission to post his picture. He has two dogs and two horses........did I say horses? Yipee! They are both pregnant but he said they can still be ridden. Did I say Yipee? Well, I'll say it again, Yipee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment