Friday, June 22, 2012

What was I thinking?

Just got back yesterday from my trip to Vegas. First time I've been there since moving to the wilds of NE Arizona. The trip usually takes 6 1/2 hours and I made it in 5 hours and 20 minutes. I can't figure out how I got there so fast. Maybe I went thru a worm hole? Anyhow, when I came down the hill from Boulder City and saw Henderson and Las Vegas, my first thought was " How did I manage to live here for 30 years? What was I thinking?" It was so drab and brown with a curtain of smudge hanging over the city. It held no appeal for me at all. Before driving clear across town to my families home, I stopped by Savers and inhaled the entire store. Now that is one place I really missed. Then went to Michaels' craft store and then to the other Savers where I usually shopped when I lived there. I got a new pair of K-swiss tennies for $10.00! and two pair of denim capris pants. Since it was Sunday, I couldn't shop at Hobby Lobby since they close on that day so their employees can go to church and spend time with their families. Since my daughter had to work Monday, I hit a couple of stores with my grand daughter. Graduation was that night.
 Here's Sarah! Isn't she beautiful? I guess she isn't fond of dresses but she should wear them more often. I don't blame her, I don't like dresses either. Give me jeans anyday!
 Lady in red! Wow, I can remember the day she was born. Seems like yesterday. I got to see her a few minutes after she was born. You've come a long way, Sarah! Now real life begins!
 Graduating 2012!
 Here's their principal. He's pretty handsome! No wonder the girls like attending Arbor View High School!
 The long march. Sarah is the last in line here.
 Getting ready to call her name.
 Diploma!!!!!
 Mr. Handsome congratulating her.
I think there were 600 kids graduating in her class. We went out to dinner afterwards with other family members. I think we had 11 people at dinner. There is a new shopping center called Town Center that has all these yuppie places to shop and eat. I had a Peppered Gorgonzola mushroom carmelized onion hamburger with fries. Delicious! But boy was that place noisy. Especially when I am used to peace and quiet.
On Tuesday, I had an appointment to get a mammogram. I like to get mine done at West Valley Imaging because they don't believe in squeezing you as flat as a pancake and you get your results before you leave. I got a clean bill of health. Then I went to ARC Paper to stock up for Katie and me. I got 3 boxes of cardstock. Then went to Hobby Lobby and got some trim to finish my Victorian lampshades. I love Hobby Lobby!!!! Then Costco, only to discover our card had expired. They let me make one purchase and I had better get it renewed or else! Since there is no Costco near us, I just might let it drop. We now have a Sams club card and it is only a 3 hour drive away! I stopped to visit with our former neighbor, Betty. We had a great visit. I was exhausted after that day and when I got back to my daughter's house we had BBQ pork ribs and the best potato salad.
Cathy, my daughter had Wednesday off so we hung out and went to church in the evening. My grandson Aaron led the worship songs. I was so proud of him. He is going to Bible college in California and I am really proud of his life choices. Way to go Aaron!
Left Vegas at 5:30 Thursday morning. It took an hour to get across town on the freeway! I am so glad I don't live there anymore!!!!! I stopped in Flagstaff and did a bit of shopping at Tuesday Morning and Savers. Hey, I won't be able to shop in Saver's for months so I had to get my fill. I got home around 2:30. Lordy it was hot! 96 degrees in the house. When I went to bed I got my hair wet so it felt cool enough I could get to sleep.
Looking at my garden, something ate all three rows of my spinach while I was gone. I bought two rat traps and set them last night but didn't catch anything altho something ate the bait. This morning I discovered something mowed down my Peony plant I had in a pot. They didn't even eat it! I wouldn't mind if they were hungry and ate the darned thing but to just mow it down? This has been a terrible year for gardening for me. Tom isn't having near as much trouble as I am.
Well, guess that catches us up for now. Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. oh I just love your stories you tell..so much fun to read...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete