Friday, September 30, 2011

$5.00 a POUND!!!!!

I've been trying to be more domestic, (what ME!!!) so I've been baking cookies and cakes. My hips love it. So, I went to Saint Johns to get the mail, some water and stopped by the little IGA grocery store to buy milk and eggs and butter. They wanted over $5.00 for a pound for butter!!!! Even for the generic stuff! NO way am I paying that much for a pound of butter. There are basically no jobs in Saint Johns, so how on earth do they think someone could afford $5.00 for a pound of butter? Pa won't eat margarine and the last time I bought butter at Walmart, I accidentally bought unsalted butter. Can't he just sprinkle some salt on his toast to make it taste ok? Poor man will just have to wait till I go to Show Low for my monthly shopping trip which won't happen till the 12th of October. It's so fun having to wait for those Social Security checks to come in. My Vegas daughter is coming for a visit and will be here this afternoon for a couple of days. I asked her to stop at Sam's Club to buy me some butter so I hope she remembered. She was also instructed to stop at Smart and Final to get Pa some Golden Griddle syrup. Nothing like being picky!
I've been working on some Christmas projects, mostly decorations and will post pictures of them after my daughter's visit. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. $5.00 for butter, walmart winslow had it for $2.50... hope it goes on sell soon..we are running low too!!! c ya soon!!

    ReplyDelete