Friday, June 24, 2011

Hot time in the country

Just a quick note. The wind is blowing, does it ever stop? And of course it started up when I was replanting a few things. I have to go out when the wind blows and put covers on everything so the wind won't dry them out and if the wind isn't blowing, I have to go out at night and do the same thing so the critters won't eat them. I had three corns coming up (my third planting) and some little bugger ate two of them. Gadfreys, it's easier taking care of a two year old!!!!
It was 91 degrees in the house yesterday. No air conditioning, ya know. Not enough power. I looked at a portable swamp cooler yesterday while I was at Lowe's. Too bad the car insurance bill was due. There went all the extra cashola. Oh well, I am learning to deal with the heat. Last night I went to bed with wet hair and that helped. Today, I put the dogs in the laundry sink and got their bellies wet to cool them off. A couple of them are throwing up and I think it's because they are too hot. They are definitely off their feed. Anyway, today I have the house closed up, windows shut, blinds down to see if that helps the house to stay cooler. I hate living like a mole. Pa doesn't mind the heat at all. He can be outside all day, working like a steam engine and it doesn't bother him. I'm usually ok if it stays under 100 but being outside in the sun can lay me low in a matter of minutes. I drink so much water and ice tea, I feel like I am drowning. Time to get the Gatorade out!

No comments:

Post a Comment