Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Poor Truck!

Pa somehow got my back fender caught on the trailer and ripped the crap out of it. You know how much I love my truck! 
 It was an accident so I couldn't get mad about it. Just heartbroken. I told him to cut the bad part off which he did and straightened the rest out as much as he could. We only have the insurance we have to have since the trucks have been paid off for years. So it will never get replaced.
I ran into Saint Johns to get water for the garden this morning. Pa is making dinner tomorrow night for our friend Daisy Mae since her husband isn't home. I bought some frozen strawberries so he could make his famous strawberry jello dish. Are you sitting down? I paid $5.19 for a 24 ounce box of frozen strawberries!!! Isn't that unbelievable? No wonder we are broke at the end of each month.
Besides gardening, I have been making cards to have them ready when Pa's sister orders more. Below are some of the ones I made. I need to find something else to make to hang on the wall or something.
Pa saved a life yesterday. He was out by the storage containers and heard a weird sound. He looked all around to try  to locate the noise. He saw a bird in a tree nearby looking down at the ground so that's where Pa looked. One of our resident snakes caught a baby cottontail rabbit. It had chomped down on the poor little thing and was beginning to coil around it. Pa freed the bunny and it ran off and the snake went back under the container. Darn, wish I had my camera out. You don't know if you should feel sorry for the snake losing out on a meal or happy because the bunny gets to live another day.
 Isn't this little dress card cute? I think it is one of my favorites.
 This is a bowling shirt card. I bought the pattern for this. I usually make my own patterns.
 I like this one too.
 I was on a black and hot pink kick.
 This ones says "A pair of shoes can change your life".  Cinderella
 I love this little hedge hog.

 Hard to tell here but the butterflies are 3D. They have acetate butterflies on top of the paper ones. Then I used alcohol ink to decorate the acetate.
 Wild hair! I have that problem every day.
Yeah Vegas! I actually bought a powerball ticket today. First one since we moved  here. Wish me luck! If I win, I am going to buy up a lot of properties around here and put a well on our property and on Daisy Mae's property also. Oh, and fence everything in. (Just to piss off the local rancher)

No comments:

Post a Comment