Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ransacked?

  The house looks like it has been ransacked! But who ever they were, they didn't get away with anything. At least I don't think they did. How could you tell in all this mess? Pa made an early morning trip to Clear Channel to pick up a panaflex tarp. That's what all the billboards are made of. Clear Channel gives them away for free but only after raising your right hand and swearing on a stack of Bibles that you won't let the printing on the tarp show to the public. Before leaving Clear Channel, Pa once again had to swear that no one would see the sign. Little did they know that not only would no one see the sign, no one would see us either once we got all moved. While Pa was gone, I packed up most of the kitchen ( no cooking for me for the next few days!) I have to tell ya, stop what you are doing right this minute, go into your kitchen, take out your pots and pans and look at what they were sitting on. I consider myself a fairly clean person, but Lord have mercy, my pots and pans were sitting in dirt! It's a wonder we haven't come down with some rare disease from cooking with those pots and pans. I was horrified and can't let the new owner see the bottom of the cabinet. She will think she bought her new house from one of the three little pigs. I think I will use Scrubbing Bubbles so it will sanitize and clean at the same time.
    It must be a guy thing but I was beginning to wonder when 1 in the afternoon arrived and Pa was still not home.  How long does it take to go across town? He left at 8 this morning. He finally called so I asked him to bring me home some El Pollo Loco. Oh, I am going to miss that place!!!! Turns out Pa had to stop by Harbor Freight to pick up his free flashlight. I think that makes 30 of them so far. I guess you never can have too many flashlights. Is that a guy thing too?  Of course Pa is going to miss Harbor Freight with the nearest one being almost 100 miles away. He did pick up more boxes so I had to forgive him for being gone so long and leaving the packing all up to me. Which reminds me, I had better get packin'.

1 comment:

  1. I mean't to mention you should insert pictures in your blog. You got that covered.
    All our best and we will check in on your blog now and then to see how it's going.
    Aleda and Steve

    ReplyDelete