Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What have I been up to?

Last Sunday when I went to visit my BF Katie, I brought along this cute sled that Pa had bought me at a garage sale in Vegas. Now, it's not something that you hang on your wall all year long. I didn't want to get rid of it since he was so thoughtful to buy it for me. So Katie picked out a nice font and some snowflakes, cut them out of vinyl and I have a new Christmas decoration! We both thought it turned out soooo cute!

 I'm in such a Christmas mood, why I don't know but what the heck. I made these 3D stockings a couple of days ago and will make more for Tom and his dog, Max and Wayne and his dog Lucy. I'll fill the dogs stockings with dog treats and their owners with candy or something. Maybe I'll just fill theirs with dog treats also! Boy, won't they be surprised!
 These are so easy to put together. On some I used a tape runner and the others I used glue. I tried hot glue on one of them. The tape didn't want to stick very well and with the regular glue, I had glue all over me.
And with the hot glue, I kept burning my self! Will it never end?
 One of the many things we are blessed with out here are some beautiful sunsets.
 Of course most of the time we are camped out in front of the TV and miss most of them.
The above two are on different nights. I love the one with the full moon. One night during the full moon, I woke up and thought car lights were shining in the bedroom window. We sleep with the curtains open so I can see the stars at night before I fall asleep. I'd like that entire wall to be nothing but glass.......dream on.

Our bird bath has been quite busy lately.
 I ended up putting water in the one I put bird feed in. They seem to be as thirsty as they are hungry. Now I throw the seed on the ground so they have to work at it to find it.
 We fill each bird bath at least once a day since they go thru the water so fast.
It's really funny when one wants to take a bath and the rest want a drink. Yes, yes, I took this thru the kitchen window and it is dirty. I'll clean the window inside and out, I promise, in a day or so, really I will!
We've had as many as forty birds getting a drink at the same time. When we first moved here, there wasn't a bird in sight and it kinda gave me the creeps.....too quiet, ya know? But as the saying goes, "give them water and they will come." Ok, so I made that saying up but it's true just the same.
Better go and wash that darned window....but if I do, it will scare the birds away. Maybe I'd better put it off for a few days, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment